is there an RPG with a similar battle system?

#21Xtreme65(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:56:11 PM
Amalur looks pretty good. Kinda reminds me of DMC3 with having two weapons to combo with though there are more weapons to experiment with. And fateweaving looks like QTEs done right. Also been playing Dark Souls, kinda mad at it right now lol, just lost 52 humanity. I HATE THAT BOSS IN ANOR LONDO!!!!
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#22megaultrarice34Posted 2/3/2013 11:06:56 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Amalur looks pretty good. Kinda reminds me of DMC3 with having two weapons to combo with though there are more weapons to experiment with. And fateweaving looks like QTEs done right. Also been playing Dark Souls, kinda mad at it right now lol, just lost 52 humanity. I HATE THAT BOSS IN ANOR LONDO!!!!

They're both weak to fire elemental attacks, use pyromancy or quickly craft a Quelagg's Furysword. Learn to keep your distance and dodge into attacks rather away from them.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#23bigdom93Posted 2/3/2013 11:16:42 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
There are some but they don't have depth of combat any of the pure hack n' slash games have.

- Darksiders II

While the original had a more Zelda + God of War feel to it, the sequel feels more like a Zelda + DMC + Diablo II thing to it. Main character levels up, gets gear (which changes his appearance) but the combat is fast paced so it'll probably be the perfect game for you right now. The world can be bland at times though.

might want to through in a little prince of persia in there, since that's were it gets all the wall running platforming
#24ninja_poopPosted 2/3/2013 11:21:12 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
There are some but they don't have depth of combat any of the pure hack n' slash games have.

You could try:

- Kingdoms of Amalur

Extremely easy game, even on the hardest difficulty, but has a nice world and a nice atmosphere, you'll get your money's worth, it's a long game with lots of sidequests and different gear. Fun, fast paced combat for a RPG.

- Darksiders II

While the original had a more Zelda + God of War feel to it, the sequel feels more like a Zelda + DMC + Diablo II thing to it. Main character levels up, gets gear (which changes his appearance) but the combat is fast paced so it'll probably be the perfect game for you right now. The world can be bland at times though.

I thought the world was amazing and diverse, just somewhat unnecessarily big.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#25MadigariPosted 2/4/2013 12:26:12 AM
Xtreme65 posted...
Been wanting to get my grind on but most RPGs are a bit to slow paced for me. Dragons Dogma was good but I played that game to death and want something new. Is there another RPG with a DMC or GoW like battle system?

Ragnarok Odyssey on the Vita has a kind of hack and slash feel to it. You chain combos together, and can shoot them into the air and chase after them. Not quite as fast paced as Devil May Cry or God of War, though.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#26vanguard29Posted 2/4/2013 12:35:41 AM
GrrMan posted...
Dragon Age 2 is terrible

Try Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Xillia or whatever for some combo madness

this post is approved by me, and is filled with truth.
---
Official Kisame Hoshigaki of the UNS3 board.
Official Hei of the nonexistant DTB board.
#27rice_noodlesPosted 2/4/2013 12:43:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/a2gFq.jpg
#28Pesmerga255Posted 2/4/2013 1:13:49 AM
vanguard29 posted...
GrrMan posted...
Dragon Age 2 is terrible

Try Tales of Symphonia/Vesperia/Xillia or whatever for some combo madness

this post is approved by me, and is filled with truth.

I approve of this too and also recommend Abyss and Graces.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!