How come Star Trek didn't get this much hate?

#1knightoffire55Posted 2/3/2013 10:20:18 PM
The characters in DmC are closer to their roots than sassy wise *** Kirk.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#2xLysergicPosted 2/3/2013 10:20:47 PM
space trek?
---
PSN: Lysergix
The Head of the Alucard Family
#3RichterB17Posted 2/3/2013 10:22:20 PM
Because Star Trek has been around since the 60's, the actors are old as hell, and they establish that it's an actual parallel universe.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#4SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 10:24:05 PM
RichterB17 posted...
they establish that it's an actual parallel universe.

That is a big one.
#5dillpickle69Posted 2/3/2013 10:24:44 PM
Star Trek was long since over when the movie came out. This wasn't.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#6FNP88Posted 2/3/2013 10:28:06 PM(edited)
Actually i thought it was a pretty well done reboot. Kirk was what i would imagine a young more modern day cinema Kirk would be like. Spock was a tad more emotional then the original series, but he is half human. Also remember that it is YOUNG Kirk, the Kirk from Star Trek OS is old and has been Captain of the Enterprise for some time. His father also dies before he is born in the reboot, which didn't happen in the the original timeline. I can't wait for the next Star Trek movie.
#7SilentS89Posted 2/3/2013 10:27:49 PM
The producer of Star Trek never claimed the old characters "weren't cool anymore".

They also didn't claim that "If i do my job right, you should be seeing a story of Dante that breaks the myth that all videogame stories are trite and will never stand up to the best that theatre and film have to offer." ~ Tameem Antonides

The big difference is that they respected the franchise. DmC and its creators didn't.
#8Deadly_RavePosted 2/3/2013 10:35:06 PM
I figured the Star Trek Reboot would get brought up on these boards someday. Anyway, as a HUGE Trek fan, all Iím going to say is that TC isnít entirely correct since the backlash towards the reboot was pretty crazy. Also, I actually liked the reboot and felt reboot Kirk did have a lot in common with classic Kirk, just younger and with a slightly different outlook thanks to an altered backstory because of Nero. I enjoyed that filmís take on Trek far more than Tameemís take on DMC.

Also, anyone hype for Into Darkness?
#9FNP88Posted 2/3/2013 10:36:47 PM
Bones and Scottie were probably my favorite cast picks. I hope they get more screen time in the next film.
#10syctheweilderPosted 2/3/2013 10:43:17 PM
Saw the trailer during the superbowl. Looking forward to Sherlock's contributions, but still hoping for some more Chekov and Uhura.