Kat and Vergil relationship? Can someone who read the prequel comic explain?

#1lawnmowerkillerPosted 2/4/2013 12:13:07 AM
A lot of people have brought up how Vergil turns into a jackass in the second part of the game to justify the end fight. And I agree.
I also find it really strange how the relationship between Kat and Vergil is set up in the beginning. She seems really happy to see him when she takes Dante to the Order and while he's not exactly bouncing around and giggling, Vergil too seems like he's fond of her. When they take Dante to the mansion in mission 2 and Dante goes through the rift Vergil also says something about how she was wrong when he found her- I mean the way he says it sounds like he cares - which is in stark contrast with the second part of the game when he repeatedly refers to her as "tool" and "useful". Not to mention the part when Dante's heading out to kill Bob Barbas and he winks at Kat and the camera focuses on Vergil staring at Kat- which is typical shot in movies to show a guy is jealous.

Don't get me wrong I don't really care about a romance plot not coming to fruition but it seems like there was more to the their story. Maybe if someone's read the comics they can enlighten me. And please don't say "He was pretending, she was just a tool blah blah blah." because in the second part of the game Vergil has no problem being a dick to her while still needing her help. So why the half smiles and stares of the first part then?
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/4/2013 12:14:03 AM
dunno lol
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3Green_PuffPosted 2/4/2013 12:15:02 AM
Vergil loved... Kat?

Error 37
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#4fioriPosted 2/4/2013 12:16:11 AM
Green_Puff posted...
Vergil loved... Kat?

Error 37

I made a topic with the full plot for the comics...

I'll try to find it and bump for you, guys. Just a minute.
#5wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 12:22:16 AM
The way I see it.

-Vegil and kat "liked" each other
- Vergil helped Kat who was raped by her demon farther
- Kat became part of the order
- Vergil and Kat continued there relationship
- Dante comes between them
- Vergil gets jealous and turns his back on Kat because she seems to "like" Dante.

Sure I'm been vague and the prequel comic goes into a bit more detail on Vergil and Kats romance but it's nothing major as far as I know.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#6fioriPosted 2/4/2013 12:24:47 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
The way I see it.

- Vergil gets jealous and turns his back on Kat because she seems to "like" Dante.

Sure I'm been vague and the prequel comic goes into a bit more detail on Vergil and Kats romance but it's nothing major as far as I know.

Actually, Vergil and Kat both had feelings for each other, but Vergil erased their memories, so that wouldn't get past them.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/65224133
#7wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 12:26:25 AM
fiori posted...
Actually, Vergil and Kat both had feelings for each other, but Vergil erased their memories, so that wouldn't get past them.

Woops. Missed out the part of wiping memories. Nice topic there and a interesting read. Thank you.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#8fallenangel2100Posted 2/4/2013 12:31:44 AM
fiori posted...
Green_Puff posted...
Vergil loved... Kat?

Error 37

I made a topic with the full plot for the comics...

I'll try to find it and bump for you, guys. Just a minute.

Wat fiori said, the comic shows...."spoilers"

Vergil DID love kat but for some reason probly to not have to choose between her and his mission he recreates the method sparda used on him as a kid to erase his and kats memory of their growing relationship however there seems to be remnants of their feelings evidenced by how they look at eachother and kats devotion to vergil

Ironically by erasing his love for a human vergil ended up thinking less of them in the end
#9lawnmowerkiller(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:38:59 AM
fiori posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
The way I see it.

That was very helpful thank you. But really...that plot sounds terrible- like a bad fanfiction- the only way to get out of Limbo is by kissing?! Wiping their memories because of their feelings? And that stuff about using DT will turn you into a demon...well Dante uses DT twice in the game- so is he a demon now?
You know Vergil and Kat being in love might not have been a bad plot idea- it could have further showed his hypocrisy when it comes to humans- "All humans are inferior...except for Kat, she's different y'all." It also could have introduced a conflict for Kat- I mean what do you do when someone you love call your species "subjects". Ah, who am I kidding, judging by the rest of the writing in the game that plot would have turned into a ****** love triangle a la Twilight.