Capcom lowers their expectations for the fiscal year

#11megaultrarice34Posted 2/4/2013 4:00:56 AM(edited)
inb4 some pro claims that 1 mil shipped means that it has sold that many so far
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#12KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 3:48:37 AM
Deaththreats posted...
Doesn't matter. Anyone and everyone who'd placed money into the Devil May Cry HD collection had already contributed to DmC's sequel.

Thinking a DMC 5 is going to rack in millions of sales is foolishness in this economy. Especially when first person shooters are the most popular of games.

What will people say about Bayonetta 2's sales? Did anyone notice how Sega dropped Platinum Games in the dirt when the game sold millions? Why? Because games like that aren't marketable in this economy. EXCEPT! God of War.

I'll let your delusions by you...You can as well say that every game bought from Capcom is addition to DmC2 fund. changes nothing. Game flopped hard, enjoyable and hilarious. I feel pity for rabid fanboys like you who expected that throwing 60 bucks at DmC helps it not to flop. Guess what? didn't helped. I, as hater never expected it to flop THAT hard. but, oh well, it did. And it's a fact
#13Megiddo_FlarePosted 2/4/2013 3:50:34 AM
I was personally thinking that 1.5 million would be the number, but it seems that KA_ME got his predictions right on the money. Months in advance even.

http://tinyurl.com/b2zxs79
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#14DeaththreatsPosted 2/4/2013 3:56:54 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...
Doesn't matter. Anyone and everyone who'd placed money into the Devil May Cry HD collection had already contributed to DmC's sequel.

Thinking a DMC 5 is going to rack in millions of sales is foolishness in this economy. Especially when first person shooters are the most popular of games.

What will people say about Bayonetta 2's sales? Did anyone notice how Sega dropped Platinum Games in the dirt when the game sold millions? Why? Because games like that aren't marketable in this economy. EXCEPT! God of War.

I'll let your delusions by you...You can as well say that every game bought from Capcom is addition to DmC2 fund. changes nothing. Game flopped hard, enjoyable and hilarious. I feel pity for rabid fanboys like you who expected that throwing 60 bucks at DmC helps it not to flop. Guess what? didn't helped. I, as hater never expected it to flop THAT hard. but, oh well, it did. And it's a fact

Doesn't matter if you think it flopped. DmC 2 is still coming out.

Megaman Legends 3 isn't and it's a fact.
#15SiLVeR_420Posted 2/4/2013 4:01:04 AM
Deaththreats posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...

Proof?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#16Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/4/2013 4:03:05 AM(edited)
Deaththreats posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...

when you consider DmC failed to sale one third of what DMC4 did on launch in the UK and then its sales drop by massive 63% in the UK and 73% in Japan in the next week I highly doubt but if you want to keep on dreaming then be my guest.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#17megaultrarice34Posted 2/4/2013 4:09:55 AM
Here we go, more topics about Platinum Games/whatever and how their games did not sell to debunk the new DmC expectations...
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#18DeaththreatsPosted 2/4/2013 4:11:58 AM
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
Deaththreats posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...

when you consider DmC failed to sale one third of what DMC4 did on launch in the UK and then its sales drop by massive 63% in the UK and 73% in Japan in the next week I highly doubt but if you want to keep on dreaming then be my guest.

It's like you're not paying attention to the moves Capcom makes. It's hilarious that you would even begin to believe that they didn't count this as a factor. Especially with their track record.
#19KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 4:28:12 AM
Deaththreats posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...

I don't care about MML3. I'll just wait till Capcom see their sales are sinking, and THAN heads will go flying. Bet first one who gets kick in ass will be NT, since they are not intern studio. once they are done for, DmC is canned forever.
#20mahroflcopterPosted 2/4/2013 4:39:04 AM
@Deaththreats

Wait, wait, wait...

So DmC not only failed miserably in its main objective (aka, to reach a larger audience), forced Capcom to lower their expectations TWICE, and is dropping like a stone on the charts into utter irrelevancy but it is also on track to become the worst selling entry of the franchise , and you think that Capcom is really looking at making a sequel? When DmC 2 could very easily sell even less?
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.