Capcom lowers their expectations for the fiscal year

#31xOmniCloudxPosted 2/4/2013 5:12:00 AM
Platinum had the same problem when they were Clover with Capcom too with the difference Capcom could afford to properly market but really didn't in favor of their other franchises. Interesting.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#32stevenbobPosted 2/4/2013 5:18:00 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
Platinum had the same problem when they were Clover with Capcom too with the difference Capcom could afford to properly market but really didn't in favor of their other franchises. Interesting.

no one wants to advertise platinum/clover games
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#33IamthekuzalolPosted 2/4/2013 5:20:32 AM
Trust me on this one, this game probably wouldn't even reach 1.2 mil for its lifetime sales. There are lots of popular games coming out in Feb and March as opposed to zero from Jan, sales of DmC should plummet horribly to the point where it could have problem breaking 1.2m.
#34Asd202Posted 2/4/2013 6:12:57 AM
WoW Massive Bomba.
#35KaryuPosted 2/4/2013 6:19:12 AM
I remember a topic being posted about how the previous version of DMC "wasn't relevant anymore" (using relevant like the new hip word).

Whereas this DmC with its ability to vanish off charts seems to be irrelevant even before it was released.
---
I want to live till I die, no more no less.
#36xOmniCloudxPosted 2/4/2013 6:19:21 AM
stevenbob posted...
xOmniCloudx posted...

no one wants to advertise platinum/clover games

A shame too seeing the quality they dump out. No surprise why the have a vocal fanbase. But despite that their games still do well in the long run despite the odds being against them each time. Rising should be slightly different but yet again, there's no massive advertising campaign.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#37Fou LuPosted 2/4/2013 7:26:56 AM
I'm loving how Darksiders 2 sold more copies, and no one wanted to buy the series when THQ sold it off. DmC sells poorly, I bet Capcom makes a sequel.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#38wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 7:45:25 AM
wavaryen1 posted...
Whatever you guys are trash anyway. The sad fact is that players like you guys who cry because of how he looks or not getting the same ol DMC is the reason why COD and games don't take risk and do things out of the normal.

No. If this was a new IP it would be a lot different. Taking a game that sold loads and completely destroying it when it wasn't that long ago when DMC 4 came out is suicide. Innovation is good stupidity is not.

wavaryen1 posted...
Sad world we live in where gamers have become this shaded. No matter how great a game is. If it is not what you wanted, you will just whine and hate on it.

Isn't that the same with anything you don't like in life? You don't like it, you don't buy it. The crying hasn't done anything but the fact that a lot of folk haven't bought the game has.

wavaryen1 posted...
There will be a DMC 2. I put money on it, and nothing you can do to stop it.

Maybe not but again folk simply won't buy it.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#39SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 7:45:52 AM
Deaththreats posted...
Doesn't matter. Anyone and everyone who'd placed money into the Devil May Cry HD collection had already contributed to DmC's sequel.

Thinking a DMC 5 is going to rack in millions of sales is foolishness in this economy. Especially when first person shooters are the most popular of games.

What will people say about Bayonetta 2's sales? Did anyone notice how Sega dropped Platinum Games in the dirt when the game sold millions? Why? Because games like that aren't marketable in this economy. EXCEPT! God of War.

Bayonetta didn't sell millions. It only sold like 1.5 million if I remember right. Bayonetta 2 isn't going to sell well by factor of being on a system that isn't selling well either.

Honestly, the whole economy argument is getting a bit stupid. The economy wasn't leaps-and-bounds better when DMC4 was out, and DMC4 had a much smaller PS3/360 install base to work with then DmC did.

There's a pretty simple reason why DmC isn't selling well - it's not that good.
#40TheKoolAidShotoPosted 2/4/2013 7:50:21 AM
Bayonetta was very good and it didn't sell very well either

The problem with DmC is that the generation is coming to an end, and nobody is interested in expanded audience products from long running series. You're better off just working with the current fanbase you have, and DmC has split that fanbase right down the middle.

And remember this is shipped, not sold. Capcom is notorious for over shipping copies. DmC is gonna linger on store shelves un-bought for months to come. And 800k off from their forecast aint something you just brush off.

I guess that wraps it up for the DMC series
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!