Capcom lowers their expectations for the fiscal year

#41SHMYazooPosted 2/4/2013 7:52:31 AM
SephirothDZX posted...
Deaththreats posted...
Doesn't matter. Anyone and everyone who'd placed money into the Devil May Cry HD collection had already contributed to DmC's sequel.

Thinking a DMC 5 is going to rack in millions of sales is foolishness in this economy. Especially when first person shooters are the most popular of games.

What will people say about Bayonetta 2's sales? Did anyone notice how Sega dropped Platinum Games in the dirt when the game sold millions? Why? Because games like that aren't marketable in this economy. EXCEPT! God of War.

Bayonetta didn't sell millions. It only sold like 1.5 million if I remember right. Bayonetta 2 isn't going to sell well by factor of being on a system that isn't selling well either.

Honestly, the whole economy argument is getting a bit stupid. The economy wasn't leaps-and-bounds better when DMC4 was out, and DMC4 had a much smaller PS3/360 install base to work with then DmC did.

There's a pretty simple reason why DmC isn't selling well - it's not that good.

Yes it was... Also DMC4 was bundled with PS3 at release so some people got it even without really caring that much. There's a huge difference between going out of your way to buy a game or just buying the console and getting a game with it.

Also, that "it sold more, it's better" is one of the most flawed arguments I see being said over here. When people point out that God of War sold 3 times more than every DMC game even though it was released in the same console generation as DMC AND it's an exclusive title AND a hack n' slash game as well AND has 5 games in its franchise just like DMC you people turn the argument you've been spouting around and say "BUT SALES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING, IT'S ABOUT QUALITY, GOD OF WAR IS FOR CASUALS!"

Need I remind you DMC3 sold less than DMC2 and DMC4 and yet is the one that fans generally accept as the best DMC to date?

You people amuse me with your logic.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#42Windmaster715Posted 2/4/2013 7:54:07 AM
SephirothDZX posted...
Deaththreats posted...
Doesn't matter. Anyone and everyone who'd placed money into the Devil May Cry HD collection had already contributed to DmC's sequel.

Thinking a DMC 5 is going to rack in millions of sales is foolishness in this economy. Especially when first person shooters are the most popular of games.

What will people say about Bayonetta 2's sales? Did anyone notice how Sega dropped Platinum Games in the dirt when the game sold millions? Why? Because games like that aren't marketable in this economy. EXCEPT! God of War.

Bayonetta didn't sell millions. It only sold like 1.5 million if I remember right. Bayonetta 2 isn't going to sell well by factor of being on a system that isn't selling well either.

Honestly, the whole economy argument is getting a bit stupid. The economy wasn't leaps-and-bounds better when DMC4 was out, and DMC4 had a much smaller PS3/360 install base to work with then DmC did.

There's a pretty simple reason why DmC isn't selling well - it's not that good.

and it only got dropped because Sega has made terrible business decisions and lost billions of yen last year. they had to drop most of their IPs and couldn't take any form of risk other than what was guaranteed to sale. however relying on sonic outside of Japan is what got them in such bad situation
---
Ignore my typos
#43Griever13roPosted 2/4/2013 7:55:14 AM
_Uwye_ posted...
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/dmc-devil-may-cry-ships-1-million-copies-forecast-lowered-to-1-2-million/

So they have gone from rebooting the franchise to reach a wider audience (throwing out an unofficial wish of 4~5 millions), to expecting 2 millions sales by march 31, to 1.2 millions shipped copies by march 31.

There's still people convinced that it's selling well?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Good work capcom an nt!! U screwed yourselves up.
Where is cocky tameen now? With the smart ass attitude.
Glad this bombed.
---
Griever
#44vgplaya89Posted 2/4/2013 8:19:42 AM
In other news, RE6 is the 4th highest selling Capcom game.
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#45TheKoolAidShotoPosted 2/4/2013 8:20:51 AM
^It's also MUCH lower than their expectations, as well
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!
#46vgplaya89Posted 2/4/2013 8:27:10 AM
Their expectations were ludicrous to begin with though, unfortunately.
---
Life's simple; you make choices and you dont look back...
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb347/Kokonoe-/bieber.gif
#47darkslayer001Posted 2/4/2013 8:32:52 AM(edited)
Deaththreats posted...
Phantom_Opera_G posted...
Deaththreats posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Deaththreats posted...

I'll let your delusions by you...You can as well say that every game bought from Capcom is addition to DmC2 fund. changes nothing. Game flopped hard, enjoyable and hilarious. I feel pity for rabid fanboys like you who expected that throwing 60 bucks at DmC helps it not to flop. Guess what? didn't helped. I, as hater never expected it to flop THAT hard. but, oh well, it did. And it's a fact

Doesn't matter if you think it flopped. DmC 2 is still coming out.

Megaman Legends 3 isn't and it's a fact.

when you consider DmC failed to sale one third of what DMC4 did on launch in the UK and then its sales drop by massive 63% in the UK and 73% in Japan in the next week I highly doubt but if you want to keep on dreaming then be my guest.

It's like you're not paying attention to the moves Capcom makes. It's hilarious that you would even begin to believe that they didn't count this as a factor. Especially with their track record.

Guys dont jump on the gun of DMC5 or not DMC at all. This is Crapcom we are talking about, and considering their thought process, DmC2 is just as possible as DMC5, maybe a little lower...
#48Psychochild27Posted 2/4/2013 8:30:16 AM(edited)

Yes it was... Also DMC4 was bundled with PS3 at release in Japan so some people got it even without really caring that much. There's a huge difference between going out of your way to buy a game or just buying the console and getting a game with it.

Fixed that for you.

/even if you omit Japan's sales entirely because of "Bundle Bias," DMC4 is still the best selling game in the series.
#495hadowsPosted 2/4/2013 8:35:03 AM(edited)
Capcom got dull after releasing the monster hunter franchise. Remember Blizzard and WoW? Same bullcrap.
---
Ill add something here later....
#50SHMYazooPosted 2/4/2013 8:34:13 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

Yes it was... Also DMC4 was bundled with PS3 at release in Japan so some people got it even without really caring that much. There's a huge difference between going out of your way to buy a game or just buying the console and getting a game with it.

Fixed that for you.

/even if you omit Japan's sales entirely because of "Bundle Bias," DMC4 is still the best selling game in the series.

Yet, of the original series, it's the 2nd worst for most fans, while DMC3 was the one that sold the less amount of copies of the original series and it's regarded as the best one by lots of fans. That's the whole point of my post, read it in its entirety.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards