Capcom lowers their expectations for the fiscal year

#51AiddonPosted 2/4/2013 9:36:03 AM
WOW, they're really lowering expectations. It had its chance to rake in numbers and it BLEW it; this week is the star of bigger and better game releasing, so in a month no one is going to remember NT's attempted reboot. They screwed up BIG TIME. My guess is that CAPCOM is REALLY gonna have to just drop this timeline as if it sold the least of any DMC game it clearly wasn't worth it
#52TheKoolAidShotoPosted 2/4/2013 9:38:16 AM
They must just drop the whole series, like Dino Crisis :(
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!
#53darkslayer001Posted 2/4/2013 9:39:56 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Yes it was... Also DMC4 was bundled with PS3 at release in Japan so some people got it even without really caring that much. There's a huge difference between going out of your way to buy a game or just buying the console and getting a game with it.

Fixed that for you.

/even if you omit Japan's sales entirely because of "Bundle Bias," DMC4 is still the best selling game in the series.

Yet, of the original series, it's the 2nd worst for most fans, while DMC3 was the one that sold the less amount of copies of the original series and it's regarded as the best one by lots of fans. That's the whole point of my post, read it in its entirety.

so your saying the sour taste left by DMC4 in YOU was the reason DmC failed?
sigh...
#54360pagesPosted 2/4/2013 9:49:42 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Yes it was... Also DMC4 was bundled with PS3 at release in Japan so some people got it even without really caring that much. There's a huge difference between going out of your way to buy a game or just buying the console and getting a game with it.

Fixed that for you.

/even if you omit Japan's sales entirely because of "Bundle Bias," DMC4 is still the best selling game in the series.

Yet, of the original series, it's the 2nd worst for most fans, while DMC3 was the one that sold the less amount of copies of the original series and it's regarded as the best one by lots of fans. That's the whole point of my post, read it in its entirety.

That only works if this game sold more than DMC3, which it didn't and probably won't with the lowered expectations. Capcom failed with this game, Ninja theory doesn't care, maybe TamTam's ego does though.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#55Psychochild27Posted 2/4/2013 9:56:18 AM(edited)
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Fixed that for you.

Third worst. We've got DmC now.

Besides, "Second worst" doesn't mean much before DmC showed up - there's only four games in the series with three of them featuring similarly high quality experiences and the forth being such a bizarre outlier that you can't accurately gauge DMC4's merit as a game because it's "Second worst" on same fans' lists. It's like looking from Super Mario Bros-World. SMB2's going to be at the bottom of nearly everyone's lists, but are you going to say that Super Mario World is the second worst? Super Mario Bros 3? 1?

One of them has to be, but that doesn't mean that one game isn't a great experience in its own right.
#56SHMYazooPosted 2/4/2013 10:03:55 AM(edited)
Psychochild27 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Fixed that for you.

Third worst. We've got DmC now.

Besides, "Second worst" doesn't mean much before DmC showed up - there's only four games in the series with three of them featuring similarly high quality experiences and the forth being such a bizarre outlier that you can't accurately gauge DMC4's merit as a game because it's "Second worst" on same fans' lists. It's like looking from Super Mario Bros-World. SMB2's going to be at the bottom of nearly everyone's lists, but are you going to say that Super Mario World is the second worst? Super Mario Bros 3? 1?

One of them has to be, but that doesn't mean that one game isn't a great experience in its own right.

Subjective. And 2nd worst is relevant when you consider 2 of the games are highly praised (DMC1 and 3) and two of them are bashed to this day (DMC2 and 4).

Also, I said "Yet, of the original series, it's the 2nd worst for most fans"

By the way, conveniently or not, you're missing the point. The point is DMC3, which most of fans think is the epitome of the series, sold 400,000 less copies than DMC2, EVEN THOUGH it had the original release and the Special Edition release.

Are you really gonna continue with the "sold more copies = better game" logic ? Are you gonna persist with the double standard of only counting sales numbers when it's convenient for your argument?
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#57Psychochild27Posted 2/4/2013 10:04:24 AM

By the way, conveniently or not, you're missing the point. The point is DMC3, which most of fans think is the epitome of the series, sold 400,000 less copies than DMC2, EVEN THOUGH it had the original release and the Special Edition release.

Call me crazy, but most of the time people produce numbers for DMC3, they always make a point to state it doesn't include S.E. sales. I'll dig around when I have more time.
#58UbberDevilPosted 2/4/2013 10:26:10 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

Call me crazy, but most of the time people produce numbers for DMC3, they always make a point to state it doesn't include S.E. sales. I'll dig around when I have more time.

Indeed. The sales numbers only include the original release and doesn't add in sales from SE.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#59360pagesPosted 2/4/2013 10:30:03 AM
Psychochild27 posted...

Yep, if you count to SE it goes up to around 190K which makes it around the second or third best selling in the series.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#60SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 10:33:47 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Fixed that for you.

"Second worst" is you wording things carefully in order to make something look worse than it actually is. DMC4 is the "second worst" because DMC1 and DMC3 were phenomenal genre defining games. DMC4 was still an exceptional game that sold fantastically and got praised by critics. It's more "the third best" and not "The second worst".

Personally, I enjoy 4 more than 1 by a tiny bit.