Capcom lowers their expectations for the fiscal year

#61SHMYazooPosted 2/4/2013 10:34:43 AM
360pages posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

By the way, conveniently or not, you're missing the point. The point is DMC3, which most of fans think is the epitome of the series, sold 400,000 less copies than DMC2, EVEN THOUGH it had the original release and the Special Edition release.

Call me crazy, but most of the time people produce numbers for DMC3, they always make a point to state it doesn't include S.E. sales. I'll dig around when I have more time.

Yep, if you count to SE it goes up to around 190K which makes it around the second or third best selling in the series.

Citation needed, you can't just say that and hope people will believe.

Also, the numbers Capcom released were from 2008 and 2011, much later than the SE's release (2006, while the original was released in 2005). Seeing as they pointed all different versions of RE4 in their sales numbers to make it the highest selling RE game alongside RE2, I think they'd do the same with DMC3 if the so called SE edition sales would make that much of a difference, don't you think?

The point still stands, SALES don't reflect QUALITY unless you stop with the double standards and say that Call of Duty is better than any modern game, Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2, DMC4 is better than DMC1 and DMC3, God of War franchise is better than the DMC franchise, Bayonetta is worse than DMC2, etc.

You can't just use those arguments whenever you want, it works both ways.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#62360pagesPosted 2/4/2013 10:49:10 AM
But no one said sales reflected quality, only that the fact that this game is failing means that it failed to do the one thing it was created for. That is to sale GoW numbers. Don't fool yourself into thinking that this games was made for any other reason than that.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#63Snipa_Wulf12Posted 2/4/2013 10:53:19 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
360pages posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

By the way, conveniently or not, you're missing the point. The point is DMC3, which most of fans think is the epitome of the series, sold 400,000 less copies than DMC2, EVEN THOUGH it had the original release and the Special Edition release.

Call me crazy, but most of the time people produce numbers for DMC3, they always make a point to state it doesn't include S.E. sales. I'll dig around when I have more time.

Yep, if you count to SE it goes up to around 190K which makes it around the second or third best selling in the series.

Also, the numbers Capcom released were from 2008 and 2011, much later than the SE's release (2006, while the original was released in 2005). Seeing as they pointed all different versions of RE4 in their sales numbers to make it the highest selling RE game alongside RE2, I think they'd do the same with DMC3 if the so called SE edition sales would make that much of a difference, don't you think?

The point still stands, SALES don't reflect QUALITY unless you stop with the double standards and say that Call of Duty is better than any modern game, Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2, DMC4 is better than DMC1 and DMC3, God of War franchise is better than the DMC franchise, Bayonetta is worse than DMC2, etc.

Excepr its not a double standard. Sales do reflect quality to a point. Is COD the best game ever? Subjective, it sales millions of copies and millions of people enjoy it enough to buy it every year even though theres millions who also end up hating it every year. To some that makes it the best game ever. Obviously its doing something right to get the sales it does. It is also one if the most heavily advertised video games ever.

Is DMC 3 the best game ever? The overwhelmingly large majority of people who play it love the battle system characters and story and finding someone who didn't like it is near impossible. However, it sold about 1.5 million copies or something to the nature. Advertising for this game was minimalistic.

Itd be best to compare things similar in nature to each other.

Trying to be black and white about anything is never a good idea.
---
PSN:Snipa_Wulf
Trusty Patches...now 50% more trusty.-Lodiss
#64SHMYazooPosted 2/4/2013 11:09:53 AM
Snipa_Wulf12 posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
360pages posted...
Psychochild27 posted...

Excepr its not a double standard. Sales do reflect quality to a point. Is COD the best game ever? Subjective, it sales millions of copies and millions of people enjoy it enough to buy it every year even though theres millions who also end up hating it every year. To some that makes it the best game ever. Obviously its doing something right to get the sales it does. It is also one if the most heavily advertised video games ever.

Is DMC 3 the best game ever? The overwhelmingly large majority of people who play it love the battle system characters and story and finding someone who didn't like it is near impossible. However, it sold about 1.5 million copies or something to the nature. Advertising for this game was minimalistic.

Itd be best to compare things similar in nature to each other.

Trying to be black and white about anything is never a good idea.

And yet people are black and white in their logic when they say "DmC had more marketing than DMC4, THEREFORE, if it was a better game, it should have sold more copies" like the only factors are a) being a good game (subjective) b) being marketed (objective). There are a GAZILLION of other variables involved but, again, people conveniently analyze it in a black and white fashion when they want to validate their points and conveniently ask for better judgement when they also wanna make their arguments pass as the truth. That's the double standards.

And for the one that said "NO ONE has said DMC4 is better because it has sold more" I think you haven't been lurking here long enough. When they apply the logic "DMC4 sold more, guess which one is the better game" they're trying to say exactly that.

This is the 100th time I posted this here, I'm kinda sick of it, so I think I'm gonna stick with the point of this whole message board and only post about the game from now on. It's not worth fighting for something I won't get any profit out of or trying to argue with people that already have their "facts" engraved in their brains.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#65KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 11:13:35 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

And yet people are black and white in their logic when they say "DmC had more marketing than DMC4, THEREFORE, if it was a better game, it should have sold more copies" like the only factors are a) being a good game (subjective) b) being marketed (objective). There are a GAZILLION of other variables involved but, again, people conveniently analyze it in a black and white fashion when they want to validate their points and conveniently ask for better judgement when they also wanna make their arguments pass as the truth. That's the double standards.

And for the one that said "NO ONE has said DMC4 is better because it has sold more" I think you haven't been lurking here long enough. When they apply the logic "DMC4 sold more, guess which one is the better game" they're trying to say exactly that.

This is the 100th time I posted this here, I'm kinda sick of it, so I think I'm gonna stick with the point of this whole message board and only post about the game from now on. It's not worth fighting for something I won't get any profit out of or trying to argue with people that already have their "facts" engraved in their brains.

Good game talks with action. bad game talks with mouth. All NT been doing is flapping their mouthes. And putting so much flaws after F***** 3,5 years of development time is shame on big scale. So many good games like Bayo were made in shorter time. Yet NT promoted their game like some kind of heaven's gift and this is how it ended. I think they deserved it and hope they bare big consequences.
#66FFmaxPosted 2/4/2013 12:51:59 PM
Lol! Does Capcom even know what the f*** they're doing anymore?
#67Pesmerga255Posted 2/4/2013 12:54:27 PM
I wonder what shatter will say about this.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#68DuuuDe14Posted 2/4/2013 12:57:42 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

Im here, so he'll duck.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#69_Uwye_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:48:16 PM
SHMYazoo posted...

There are no hard numbers for the SE but the vanilla DMC3 did sold 1.3 millions by itself.

I'll post the source later.

Nope. The DMC3 sales number is given from a list of million sellers that Capcom constantly upadtes, and the numbers refer to SKU only.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

You'll notice that games like RE4 are listed three times (PS2, Wii, GC) so it doesn't count all the versions as one.

Of course the fact that it's selling poorly doesn't mean that it's a bad game, don't be silly. There have been countless examples of great games bombing and mediocre games selling like gangbusters. But this isn't one of those cases. DmC was unneeded and doesn't live up to the standards set by the series (yes, even "second worst" DMC4) and it's selling bad becasue of it.
#70rice_noodlesPosted 2/4/2013 1:49:13 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...

He uses an alt now.