"DMC5 existence depends on DmC's sales"

#21KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 6:58:15 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Ishagu posted...
USA and Japan together easily cover 520k units.

The million mark is broken but the game still undersold...

hahahhahaha:DDD omfg.... they shipped only 1,2 mil. do you get it? no? it means if you'Re right, than the game wouldn'T be in any store AT ALL. duh, still there. oh, well. buddy, take your pink shade, throw them in the dumpster and learn to be objective. (BTW, japan sold only 100000+ something on first week and dropped to 70% after that.)

As I have said before the last global sales numbers released were around 550k.

They shipped 1.2 million copies but digital downloads still have to be given. However, H@S genre is a lot lower base on PC than it should be. Even if you count PC sales there isn't a way with sales dropping so fats that it reached anymore than 800k mazimum

that is 250k more since the last numbers. and that is just me thinking there could be a hidden fan base that waited fort he PC version

that "hidden" fanbase pirated like no tomorrow. I saw with my own eyes that they losing quite a few 10 000s sales on PC port.
#22dark_harpyPosted 2/4/2013 7:00:08 AM
DmC sold 546k units first week. Second week UK dropped 64% and Japan 72%. Idk if there's any info for US sales, but the way thing looks, I doubt the game has reached 1m. Not to mention, it shipped 1m, which means it would be sold out if it had.
#23Windmaster715Posted 2/4/2013 7:01:39 AM
dark_harpy posted...
DmC sold 546k units first week. Second week UK dropped 64% and Japan 72%. Idk if there's any info for US sales, but the way thing looks, I doubt the game has reached 1m. Not to mention, it shipped 1m, which means it would be sold out if it had.

there's still copies in all the gamestop stores, walmarts, and best buys around me. and thats only a fraction of Indiana
---
Ignore my typos
#24KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 7:03:25 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
dark_harpy posted...

there's still copies in all the gamestop stores, walmarts, and best buys around me. and thats only a fraction of Indiana

same as me. Copies lying on shelves and it's around on of the biggest German cities.
#25Windmaster715Posted 2/4/2013 7:05:27 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Windmaster715 posted...
dark_harpy posted...

same as me. Copies lying on shelves and it's around on of the biggest German cities.

Those who still want the game either

1. wait for price drop/get it used
2. waiting for more content to be released
3. won't because other games coming out
4. pirate PC version
---
Ignore my typos
#26dark_harpyPosted 2/4/2013 7:12:47 AM
As for digital downloads, game debuted at #8 on Steam and it's now #10. So I wouldn't expect any significant change based on that.

Windmaster715 posted...

4. pirate PC version

With MGR:R coming this month people will completely forget about DmC.
#27KyryloPosted 2/4/2013 7:13:08 AM
Windmaster715 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Windmaster715 posted...
dark_harpy posted...

4. pirate PC version

yup:D
#28NightmareGammaPosted 2/4/2013 7:17:38 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ishagu posted...
Proof? Use a calculator and add up the sales figured for the 3 main regions for the first few weeks.

300 000 - 70% = 90 000
300 000 + 90 000 + 90 000 = 480 000

can you tell me what you actually are calculating there? o.o

why did you take 70% from the 300k sells and add it times 2 to the 300k? What's the meaning of this?
---
#29Sony_7Posted 2/4/2013 7:39:35 AM
As of now there are now US sales figures to go on. Vgchartz is less reliable than a random wiki entry. Don't trust it.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#30dark_harpyPosted 2/4/2013 10:38:14 AM
DmC dropped to #11 in the UK

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/feb/04/top-20-video-games