"DMC5 existence depends on DmC's sales"

#31SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 9:42:34 AM
Ishagu posted...
Proof? Use a calculator and add up the sales figured for the 3 main regions for the first few weeks.

The US regions data isn't available though. The NPD doesn't do weekly sales numbers anymore. You probably just pulled your US data from VGChartz, which isn't hyper reliable for early-on numbers. And even VGChartz doesn't have DmC over 1 million yet.

You're also dramatically overselling digital sales of the game. Console digital sales dont account for that much, and the game isn't exactly setting Steam on fire. It's out of the top 10 on Steam's top sellers and is getting outsold by heavy hitters like Euro Truck Simulator 2013.
#32MadigariPosted 2/4/2013 9:44:16 AM
NightmareGamma posted...
Kyrylo posted...
300 000 - 70% = 90 000
300 000 + 90 000 + 90 000 = 480 000

can you tell me what you actually are calculating there? o.o

why did you take 70% from the 300k sells and add it times 2 to the 300k? What's the meaning of this?

He's saying that the other two regions did exactly 30% of the largest region's sales. It's not proper math, more like predictive statistics.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#33TheKoolAidShotoPosted 2/4/2013 9:46:27 AM
The digital/PC sales would have to...what, outsell the console versions 2-to-1 to outpace DMC4?

That doesn't happen.
---
You know who's sexy? Black Turtle, the 2010 Games Contest Guru Winner, that's who!
#34Alastor6Posted 2/4/2013 10:17:22 AM
TehPwnzerer posted...
So DMC5, the game fans wanted all along, will only get made if DmC, the game fans hated from the beginning, does well? is that supposed to be some perverted form of extortion? Get the sheep to buy garbage just so there's a possibility of greatness returning?

Capcom can go to hell.

Should it go to Platinum Games instead? We can all dream about that.

#bringbackKamiya
#35WhitevicePosted 2/4/2013 10:35:19 AM
You know, I didn't mind this game. Not as much as I thought I would.

Going back and playing the HD versions, I actually can't say the old games are all that amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I played DMC2, bought DMC3 when if first came out. Upgraded to the Special Edition when THAT came out, and got the limited edition of DMC4.

But comparing the games all to one another. DMC1 isn't impressing me all that much.

Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to playing DMC2 again. I didn't like the music in 3, but I do enjoy the story.

DMC4 is kinda sitting as my favorite.

But as I look at the games, aside from DMC3 and 4, I'm not seeing a whole lot of continuity between the games.

So why then is DmC so hated for IT'S lack of continuity. It's not like these games have existed in one universe.

I want them to either make a sequel to DMC4 or make a game that's more modeled off the Anime.

And if I could, I'd like to see him look like he did in DMC1. It's his best costume so far, really.
#36_Uwye_Posted 2/4/2013 2:13:05 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
Ishagu posted...
Proof? Use a calculator and add up the sales figured for the 3 main regions for the first few weeks.

The US regions data isn't available though. The NPD doesn't do weekly sales numbers anymore. You probably just pulled your US data from VGChartz, which isn't hyper reliable for early-on numbers. And even VGChartz doesn't have DmC over 1 million yet.

You're also dramatically overselling digital sales of the game. Console digital sales dont account for that much, and the game isn't exactly setting Steam on fire. It's out of the top 10 on Steam's top sellers and is getting outsold by heavy hitters like Euro Truck Simulator 2013.

What? Really?

*didn't even know such a game existed*
#37Psychochild27Posted 2/4/2013 2:16:12 PM
This feels appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFK_O4CF0U&feature=player_embedded

_Uwye_ posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
Ishagu posted...

What? Really?

Man, every dull mundane simulation game you could possibly imagine exists on Steam.

/DmC's barely hanging in the top 20.
#38SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 2:20:02 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
Ishagu posted...

What? Really?

Which is why I say DmC can't be selling jack squat on PC if its being outsold by games that have no business outselling DmC. I know Steam isn't everything, but I can't imagine that many PC gamers who bought the game didn't just do it through Steam since it's a Steamworks title.
#39SiLVeR_420Posted 2/4/2013 2:21:26 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
This feels appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFK_O4CF0U&feature=player_embedded

_Uwye_ posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
Ishagu posted...

What? Really?

Man, every dull mundane simulation game you could possibly imagine exists on Steam.

/DmC's barely hanging in the top 20.

And Steam users love their pointless simulators. Should've seen how much people were playing that train simulator game after it went on sale.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.