Just went back and played DMC1

#11Malus_X6Posted 2/4/2013 1:27:31 PM
DmC sheep be mad DMC1 is and forever will be the GOAT.

What? You mean the Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#12aznghostbusterPosted 2/4/2013 1:36:15 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
TC is actually right. DMC1's controls are a bit crappy (triangle was jump in DMC1, DMC2 onwards used the scheme we more commonly know).

Go pick up the DMC HD Collection - it fixed DMC1's controls.

I think I'm the only one in existence that plays DMC3 and DMC4 using the DMC1 control scheme lol (X button would be style action, everything else pretty much the same)
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#13RetsuxDPosted 2/4/2013 1:39:10 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

ur avin' a giggle m8?
#14Malus_X6Posted 2/4/2013 1:40:28 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

ur avin' a giggle m8?

A bit :P
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#15SephirothDZXPosted 2/4/2013 1:41:06 PM
aznghostbuster posted...
SephirothDZX posted...
TC is actually right. DMC1's controls are a bit crappy (triangle was jump in DMC1, DMC2 onwards used the scheme we more commonly know).

I think I'm the only one in existence that plays DMC3 and DMC4 using the DMC1 control scheme lol (X button would be style action, everything else pretty much the same)

That makes my brain hurt.
#16RetsuxDPosted 2/4/2013 1:43:27 PM
I've actually tried triangle to jump and circle to attack in 3, wonderful for JC'ing Killer Bee, but X as style action is just....ugh.

I could try mapping the gun to R2 and Style to square though.
#17SwarlesPosted 2/4/2013 1:51:20 PM
HD collection fixed controls and at least DMC 1 had a lock on.
#18aznghostbusterPosted 2/4/2013 2:09:28 PM
SephirothDZX posted...
aznghostbuster posted...
SephirothDZX posted...

That makes my brain hurt.

I know the feeling lol Well the reason why I use that control scheme is because I played DMC3 right after DMC1, so I was already used to it. I didn't realize that they changed the control scheme in DMC2 until I played it years later. I loved the fact that they included the option of changing the button scheme in DMC3 and 4.
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#19ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/4/2013 2:18:40 PM
Lol @ fanboys ignoring the fact that DMC1 HD fixed the controls.
#20wwinterj25Posted 2/4/2013 2:20:48 PM
ishamail24 posted...
Anyone who says DMC1 is better than DmC is just being a hater or is looking through nostalgia goggles.

DMC is the best in the old series and the old series is better than this game. Hater nope. Nostalgia nope. Just saying it how it is. Have a nice day now.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj