Just went back and played DMC1

#21ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:01:07 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
ishamail24 posted...
Anyone who says DMC1 is better than DmC is just being a hater or is looking through nostalgia goggles.

DMC is the best in the old series and the old series is better than this game. Hater nope. Nostalgia nope. Just saying it how it is. Have a nice day now.

Go back and play it. Controls feel stiff. You can't shoot your guns unless you're locked on. It's still fun don't get me wrong. But anyone who says its the best of the old series is letting nostalgia blind them. 3 was the best of the old series. And I actually prefer the auto lock of the new one over the lock on system to do more than you're basic combos in the old ones.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#22ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:03:57 PM
I will say dmc1 has the best environments though. And I do like the open world feel to the levels too.
---
#23Psychochild27Posted 2/4/2013 4:11:55 PM
I've actually tried triangle to jump and circle to attack in 3, wonderful for JC'ing Killer Bee, but X as style action is just....ugh.

I could try mapping the gun to R2 and Style to square though.

Triangle to jump, square to melee, O to style, X to shoot. Works great on everything short of Gunslinger.
#24SlaveBladePosted 2/4/2013 4:16:02 PM
Look, I really like DmC, but you're 1000% wrong, don't even joke about this. DMC1 set the ****ing landmark for the genre for a goddamn reason. Flawless combat, ambiance, music, still good graphics to this day IMO... No, just go back to your troll cave. DMC1 is the best DMC game over all.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#25NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/4/2013 4:21:16 PM
After playing DMC 4, it took me a little getting used to the DMC 1 control scheme again. But honestly, I had forgotten how much I missed playing that game. I enjoyed it so much, I deleted all of the saved progress just so I could get all the weapons again. I never tire of the scene where Dante gets Alastor.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#26ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:26:41 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
Look, I really like DmC, but you're 1000% wrong, don't even joke about this. DMC1 set the ****ing landmark for the genre for a goddamn reason. Flawless combat, ambiance, music, still good graphics to this day IMO... No, just go back to your troll cave. DMC1 is the best DMC game over all.

Just because I have a different opinion of you doesn't mean I'm a troll. I play all the DMCs when they first came out and I enjoyed them all (except 2).
Now having said that i still say DMC 3, 4, and DmC all have better gameplay. But i did also day the first one has the best environments. And a cool menu screen to boot.
---
#27chaotix247Posted 2/4/2013 4:27:10 PM
No, this game has bad controls. You're so used to the babying of this game that it makes you forget what a real good game's controls are.
---
Capcom needs to go out of business to learn what they have done.
Currently Playing - Black Ops 2, DMCHD, MW2, NHL13, Far Cry 3
#28SlaveBladePosted 2/4/2013 4:29:20 PM
ishamail24 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...

Just because I have a different opinion of you doesn't mean I'm a troll. I play all the DMCs when they first came out and I enjoyed them all (except 2).
Now having said that i still say DMC 3, 4, and DmC all have better gameplay. But i did also day the first one has the best environments. And a cool menu screen to boot.

Saying DMC1 has awful controls is trolling since they're perfectly fine. Let's not forget that in the HD collection it got switched around to the DMC3/4 style controls...
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#29aznghostbusterPosted 2/4/2013 4:33:19 PM
NostalgiaRules posted...
After playing DMC 4, it took me a little getting used to the DMC 1 control scheme again. But honestly, I had forgotten how much I missed playing that game. I enjoyed it so much, I deleted all of the saved progress just so I could get all the weapons again. I never tire of the scene where Dante gets Alastor.

Agreed. Also, the scene where he gets the Sparda sword? Epic.
---
"...Platinum Games is an American company with an American name. Square Enix is the most American Japanese company ever..." - GoreGross
#30ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:35:40 PM
chaotix247 posted...
No, this game has bad controls. You're so used to the babying of this game that it makes you forget what a real good game's controls are.

No just no.
This game has right responsive controls. Yes they could be better, but they're still better than DMC1. I'm not bashing the first game. I loved it back in the day and I still do. Mainly due to nostalgia. But games have evolved and gotten faster since DMC1. And it just doesn't keep up with newer games.
---