Just went back and played DMC1

#31hyperknees91Posted 2/4/2013 4:42:08 PM
DMC1 wasn't all the way full on action either. It was an exploration game as well. There are some things I enjoy about DMC1 regardless (demon forms are fun and shotgun and grenade launcher knockback madness), but it is kind of the prototype for the whole 3rd person action genre.

The camera is kind of awful, but the controls were fine (rigid jumping aside).
---
JUS FC 2019-5866-6015
Brawl FC 3823-8182-8990
#32ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:45:11 PM
hyperknees91 posted...
DMC1 wasn't all the way full on action either. It was an exploration game as well. There are some things I enjoy about DMC1 regardless (demon forms are fun and shotgun and grenade launcher knockback madness), but it is kind of the prototype for the whole 3rd person action genre.

The camera is kind of awful, but the controls were fine (rigid jumping aside).

I completely agree with what you said there. Thank you. The first game does some things better than all the other ones but combat and control wise. No. The other ones are better. Except for 2 lol.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#33Hunter1534Posted 2/4/2013 4:46:29 PM
ishamail24 posted...
chaotix247 posted...
No, this game has bad controls. You're so used to the babying of this game that it makes you forget what a real good game's controls are.

No just no.
This game has right responsive controls. Yes they could be better, but they're still better than DMC1. I'm not bashing the first game. I loved it back in the day and I still do. Mainly due to nostalgia. But games have evolved and gotten faster since DMC1. And it just doesn't keep up with newer games.

Except you did bash the game in the OP, or do you not know how to read?
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif
#34diablogamerPosted 2/4/2013 4:47:29 PM
When people say its the best in the series etc they are comparing to the other games that came out around that time. Yes when DMC came out it was mind blowing and very innovative now compare that to DmC and you can see why people are not impressed and say DMC is the better game. DmC is a cookie cutter run of the mill hack and slash with very shallow combat depth and is a step down overall for the series as fas as combat winch is DMC main draw. Its not the hair looks etc that ruined DmC its the shallow combat.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#35ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 4:50:54 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
ishamail24 posted...
chaotix247 posted...
No, this game has bad controls. You're so used to the babying of this game that it makes you forget what a real good game's controls are.

No just no.
This game has right responsive controls. Yes they could be better, but they're still better than DMC1. I'm not bashing the first game. I loved it back in the day and I still do. Mainly due to nostalgia. But games have evolved and gotten faster since DMC1. And it just doesn't keep up with newer games.

I think you should go back reread the op guy.
I just said the control was awful. I didn't say anything else about the rest of the game.
---
#36SlaveBladePosted 2/4/2013 5:02:22 PM
diablogamer posted...
When people say its the best in the series etc they are comparing to the other games that came out around that time. Yes when DMC came out it was mind blowing and very innovative now compare that to DmC and you can see why people are not impressed and say DMC is the better game. DmC is a cookie cutter run of the mill hack and slash with very shallow combat depth and is a step down overall for the series as fas as combat winch is DMC main draw. Its not the hair looks etc that ruined DmC its the shallow combat.

No, it's the best in the series IMO. Best all around.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#37Hunter1534Posted 2/4/2013 5:22:13 PM
ishamail24 posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
ishamail24 posted...
chaotix247 posted...

No just no.

I just said the control was awful. I didn't say anything else about the rest of the game.

You bashed both the controls and those who think it's better than DmC.

Ignoring you so I don't have to deal with more 12 year olds. Bye.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif
#38ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:28:06 PM
Hunter1534 posted...
ishamail24 posted...
Hunter1534 posted...
ishamail24 posted...
chaotix247 posted...

No just no.

You bashed both the controls and those who think it's better than DmC.

Ignoring you so I don't have to deal with more 12 year olds. Bye.

You realize the irony of saying that right. I'm just trying to have a discussion and you keep coming and insulting me.
I'm not bashing anyone who disagrees with me. I simply think they're looking at it with nostalgia goggles on. Which is fine. But I'm just sayin DmC has tighter controls. If you want to disagree that's fine but I don't see how you could objectively disagree with that.
---
#39paranormalistPosted 2/4/2013 5:46:25 PM
DMC1's controls aren't so bad, it's really the game's mechanics and such are showing their age. DMC3 has the same button scheme and basic control layout, yet feels much smoother and tighter.
---
Because I care.
#40ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:54:44 PM
paranormalist posted...
DMC1's controls aren't so bad, it's really the game's mechanics and such are showing their age. DMC3 has the same button scheme and basic control layout, yet feels much smoother and tighter.

I won't argue with that. Dmc3 though has better controls cause the control scheme is different actually unless you're playing the hd collection. And dmc3 is just faster and tighter control wise
---