Just went back and played DMC1

#61A_Nonny_MoosePosted 2/4/2013 7:02:05 PM
I played DMC1 a couple weeks ago and it did take a couple missions to get used to the controls, but it works fine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#62gamer6879403333Posted 2/4/2013 7:14:13 PM
I too changed the controls of other DMCs to match DMC1. Triangle=jump, x=melee, square=shoot, circle=style has been my control setup in DMC3 and DMC4 since my first playthrough of both. This is why I haven't got the HD collection yet... I'm going to get my ass kicked because muscle memory of the control scheme I use is going to be causing so many mis-presses that it isn't even going to be funny in DMC1. I mean, we're talking over a decade of muscle memory here, as I've been using that control scheme for DMC games since I bought the first game back around 2001 or 2003. Why wouldn't I change the controls to match DMC1 when it's the control scheme I learned? And now the Collection comes out and forces the control scheme of DMC1 to match the DMC3/4 defaults. Did Capcom not realize how screwed people like me would be? I have to do a decade's worth of programming here!

So yeah. I don't want to get the Collection because I know I'll be fighting like a total noob for a long time because it's going to take so long to readjust. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still not adjusted by the final boss fight. Why did they have to change it? Couldn't they have at least let you change it to the classic style for poor fans like me who got so used to it that they changed all the other games to match it? They should have left the controls alone.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#63odcrl001Posted 2/4/2013 7:15:32 PM
It's still good to me.
---
GT: GalahadHK
#64SilentS89Posted 2/4/2013 7:28:54 PM
ITT: People complain about the controls in a 12 year old game that created a genre.
#65ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:36:05 PM
SilentS89 posted...
ITT: People complain about the controls in a 12 year old game that created a genre.

Only cause it keeps getting compared to DmC. And pretty much every game that comes out in the genre and is called superior to them all.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#66HerugrimPosted 2/4/2013 7:43:53 PM
DMC1 hasn't aged that well. It was great for it's time, but it's actually rather boring now compared to the more advanced gameplay of DMC3 and DMC4.

Interestingly enough, DMC2 innovated the combo system used in the newer games. It was unpolished and DMC2 has other problems of course, just something worth noting.
---
check out my collection! "Ham! I love ham!"
#67RetsuxDPosted 2/4/2013 8:10:38 PM
I dunno why some of you complain about locking on to shoot the guns.

I literally can't shoot the guns in 3 or 4 without being locked on.
#68ninja_poopPosted 2/4/2013 8:15:02 PM
Swarles posted...
HD collection fixed controls and at least DMC 1 had a lock on.

not like DmC needs it.
---
Not changing my signature until marijuana is legalized. Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:08 PM
-11.06.12 Colorado becomes the first state
#69SilentS89Posted 2/4/2013 8:15:26 PM
ninja_poop posted...
Swarles posted...

not like DmC needs it.

Not sure if serious.
#70ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:25:43 PM
SilentS89 posted...
ninja_poop posted...
Swarles posted...

not like DmC needs it.

Not sure if serious.

I agree with him actually. I actually don't like the lock on in see games. Only used it to use moves like stinger an such. And no I didn't suck at those games. I beat dmd on all the games
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.