Just went back and played DMC1

#81BlackSheepWallsPosted 2/5/2013 1:33:46 PM
DMC1 has nice atmosphere and enemies. Kind of hate DM3 for changing that.
#82Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 1:51:00 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
To be honest, it isn't "nostalgia" if you actually go back, watch or play something and find you still like it just as much, if not more.

You are into something, but you may be more able to forget flaws because you enjoy/enjoyed the product so much.

No, I notice the flaws in everything I re-do. I hated DMC 1's controls back on the PS2, but I still got over it. I was glad that they remapped them for the sequels and did the same thing to DMC 1 HD.

As someone who isn't a a giant DMC fan I can say that DMC 1 has aged poorly... stiff jump, wonky dodge, not that many variety in combat (that may be on me as I may have missed something, but I feel you have way more moves in modern games like Bayonetta).

Of course Bayonetta and other had more moves than DMC 1. It was the first entry. I'm sure if the team knew they could have added more, they would have, but with it being the first, there's no way of knowing how it would have fared.

Okay, I dunno about how many moves DMC 2 had as I was ass at the combos. Seriously, I just gave up with that and cheesed my way through, but when DMC 3 came around, there were buttloads more moves AND weapons which added to the existing moveset. Not to mention the Style types which added several more moves.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#83ishamail24(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:23:08 PM
RD_21 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
To be honest, it isn't "nostalgia" if you actually go back, watch or play something and find you still like it just as much, if not more.

You are into something, but you may be more able to forget flaws because you enjoy/enjoyed the product so much.

As someone who isn't a a giant DMC fan I can say that DMC 1 has aged poorly... stiff jump, wonky dodge, not that many variety in combat (that may be on me as I may have missed something, but I feel you have way more moves in modern games like Bayonetta).

It is not bad by any means, but just like TC said it's hard to believe that you guys honestly think DMC 1 is still better than DmC, but that's opinions.

Exactly. If you're being objective you have to admit dmc 1 has pretty stiff controls compared to modern games.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#84SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 2:35:07 PM
ishamail24 posted...
And good god. I forgot how god awful the controls are. Anyone who says DMC1 is better than DmC is just being a hater or is looking through nostalgia goggles. Working on replaying the whole series. DmC 1 and 2 are gonna be a chore though lol

hahahhahahahaha. Your funny.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.