Ninja Theory, above all, should have realised the importance of the taunt button

#21SlaveBladePosted 2/4/2013 11:46:50 PM
bigdom93 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Loshadt posted...
Citation needed.

Do we really have to do this? It's common knowledge. Alex f***ing Garland basically stripped down Tameems abortion of a story in Enslaved and built it from scratch.

Oh, so I can make random claims and not have to back them up?

DMC FANS ARE TO BLAME FOR ENSLAVED NOT DOING WELL

here you go http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/

Oh the article that had the guy openly admitting that Tameem should stay in the business because he's got some talent in him?
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#22bigdom93Posted 2/5/2013 12:18:06 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
bigdom93 posted...
SlaveBlade posted...
Loshadt posted...
Citation needed.

Do we really have to do this? It's common knowledge. Alex f***ing Garland basically stripped down Tameems abortion of a story in Enslaved and built it from scratch.

Oh, so I can make random claims and not have to back them up?

DMC FANS ARE TO BLAME FOR ENSLAVED NOT DOING WELL

here you go http://www.edge-online.com/features/interview-alex-garland-part-two/

Oh the article that had the guy openly admitting that Tameem should stay in the business because he's got some talent in him?

in thee same way krillin had untapped potential, there is much there
#23_Uwye_Posted 2/5/2013 1:25:21 AM
SlaveBlade posted...

People make mistakes.
#24A_Nonny_Moose(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 4:22:36 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
For a developer who's best (only) known for their stories and writing ability

Yeah, known for how **** it is. If you didn't notice, every game they've made has had some fancy writer or director come work for them, only to say the experience was horrible and they would never want to work with the company again.

DmC is the only game Ninja Theory has written on their own.

But I'm not talking about the script. I'm talking about how the story is told, and in particular how well Dante's character is expressed through the gameplay.

Just playing through DMC3 without seeing any cutscenes, you could still get a good grasp on Dante's personality because it's ingrained in the way he plays. The better you are at the game the better you get to know and identify with Dante as someone who does these crazy things, enjoys doing them, and knows he looks good doing them. That's why you like the character. His motivation is your motivation; to kick ass in the most stylish way possible.

DmC Dante isn't as well developed in this way.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#25SlaveBladePosted 2/5/2013 5:31:33 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
For a developer who's best (only) known for their stories and writing ability

Yeah, known for how **** it is. If you didn't notice, every game they've made has had some fancy writer or director come work for them, only to say the experience was horrible and they would never want to work with the company again.

DmC is the only game Ninja Theory has written on their own.

But I'm not talking about the script. I'm talking about how the story is told, and in particular how well Dante's character is expressed through the gameplay.

Just playing through DMC3 without seeing any cutscenes, you could still get a good grasp on Dante's personality because it's ingrained in the way he plays. The better you are at the game the better you get to know and identify with Dante as someone who does these crazy things, enjoys doing them, and knows he looks good doing them. That's why you like the character. His motivation is your motivation; to kick ass in the most stylish way possible.

DmC Dante isn't as well developed in this way.

That's a whole lot of inferring you're doing there, champ. Last I checked, I could get SSS without doing the crazy stuff and 'getting to know him'.

Seriously.

I accidentally triple S'd the final fight. I only dodged, Killer Bee'd, Beowulf basic combo'd him, and E+I.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#26A_Nonny_Moose(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:58:30 AM
That's a whole lot of inferring you're doing there, champ.

Well yes it is. Because the game invites it.

What do high scores have to do with anything?
---
#27SlaveBladePosted 2/5/2013 6:01:45 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
That's a whole lot of inferring you're doing there, champ.

Well yes it is. Because the game invites it.

High scores equal character immersion now?

What the **** am I reading...
---
#28A_Nonny_Moose(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:42:14 AM
You're not reading what I'm writing, that's for sure.
---
#29SlaveBladePosted 2/5/2013 6:48:35 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
You're not reading what I'm writing, that's for sure.

I responded to exactly what you wrote. Not my fault if you can't express yourself correctly.
---
#30A_Nonny_Moose(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:52:56 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

High scores equal character immersion now?

I don't follow.
---