Werent the "HATERZ" supposed to be a small vocal minority?

#171JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/6/2013 10:51:51 AM
Even with the low sales, if fans didnt flood Capcom and NT with *****ing and moaning but instead gave helpful criticism outside of this suck, not mah DMC, that suck its not mah DMC. Dont **** with the fans, ect.

Would it even have mattered if the fans gave constructive criticism? Capcom and NT clearly tried to broaden their target audience and weren't making the next game solely for the fans. They would have cared more about constructive criticism from a casual player, than a longtime fan.

Then maybe Capcom and NT would give the series more support and actually be open to changes that may please both old fans and new comers.

That's already impossible. Fans wanted the story to continue and finally get answers on all the questions unanswered and raised by DMC4. Capcom was dead set on the reboot.

The problem was everyone flipped out before the game even released, Capcom and NT pushed forward in hope people would still appreciate what they did and maybe, just maybe show an open mind to the changes as the prior DMC universe was a mess and stale with its lack of direction and character development.

I don't think that was actually too much of a problem. At least not in Capcom's eyes. They tried to reach a whole new audience and wanted to cash in on the casual market. That's why their first estimate was to sell 5 Million copies of DmC. Whatever fan outrage there was, apparently it was just a vocal minority, that couldn't have put a dent into their plans.

Instead we got blind fans who closed their eyes and went into the game with a set mind that it sucks and will suck no matter what.

And Capcom would have laughed their asses of and told the fans to suck it up, because their plans came to fruition, had they managed to pull in a new and more lucrative audience, to replace the old one. But they were out of luck. They burned their old fan base, and didn't manage to replace it with a new one.

I can understand those who miss the deep combat but some say everything sucks which is absurd. And Im sure if given the chance NT would expand on the combat. Keep in mind this is a new game rebuilt and its combat is much deeper than the first couple of DMC games. And Im sure they would even make the next game tougher but instead all we got was a bunch of fans acting like babies and pathetically proud that they might potentially kill off a rebooted series with good potential.

And once again, the fans aren't to blame. The game didn't potentially get killed off because longtime fans refused to buy the game. Capcom and NT simply failed to gather the new target audience that were supposed to get them 5 Million sales. And let's say, of that 5 Million, 2 Million sales were supposed to be from returning fans. If we remove the fans, that's still 3 Million sales from the new audience they were trying to attract. Well, where are they?
#172YukitoRamboPosted 2/6/2013 11:03:28 AM
Their mistake was assuming that hack-and-slash games are mainstream.

Perhaps it is, but not as mainstream as shooters. Just look at all million-seller action games of recent years.

hack-and-slash games fans are generally hardcore fans and they take possession of series they like, such as this and Ninja Gaiden. You **** with them, you lose.
---
"...Winning is of little consequence. What's important is communicating through one's fists."
GFWL tag: DoraemonJerlun
#173OmidusPosted 2/6/2013 11:04:46 AM
Considering this being a new direction for DmC, it's like playing DmC 1 all over again. DmC1 wasn't exactly an amazing seller either but it still got 3 sequels.

Most people basically hate it for a very vain reason, the old DMC series wasn't exactly the most amazing game. It had memorable character, but the storyline was as cheesy as any other action game came out of Japan. I own all DMC games, this one I actually enjoyed the story more than any of its predecessor.
#174JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:58 AM
DmC1 wasn't exactly an amazing seller either

Close to 3 Million isn't amazing?
#175Run_2_the_HillsPosted 2/6/2013 11:25:36 AM
they basically failed to bring in new fans to replace the old.
#176MatrierePosted 2/6/2013 12:21:32 PM
CKnight posted...
Kyrylo posted...
CKnight posted...

That works both ways guy. Should I settle for the DMC game you want? You see the irony in your comment?

Let me guess you have the false sense that every "true" DMC fan shares your opinion and you nbase this solely on sales. Even though every series including Halo 4 and COD while still good are experiencing a slip in sales? But DMC not selling well means all fans hate it.

Sad part is Capcom and NT are blaming fans and it sucks that a handfull of crybabies can ruin a series for everyone. As I said congratulations.

Well if DMC dies at least we have God of War and maybe MGS Revengence will be good and spawn some sequels.

But it's YOU who want us to buy game. Not other way around. We didn't like it, we didn't bought it. Now you all are acting like a bunch of whiners with tears in your eyes telling us that we killed franchise.You want something from us. Now we from you.

I never said I wanted you to buy the game, my main thing was that the game got a fair chance.

Even with the low sales, if fans didnt flood Capcom and NT with *****ing and moaning but instead gave helpful criticism outside of this suck, not mah DMC, that suck its not mah DMC. Dont **** with the fans, ect. Then maybe Capcom and NT would give the series more support and actually be open to changes that may please both old fans and new comers.

The problem was everyone flipped out before the game even released, Capcom and NT pushed forward in hope people would still appreciate what they did and maybe, just maybe show an open mind to the changes as the prior DMC universe was a mess and stale with its lack of direction and character development.

Instead we got blind fans who closed their eyes and went into the game with a set mind that it sucks and will suck no matter what.

I can understand those who miss the deep combat but some say everything sucks which is absurd. And Im sure if given the chance NT would expand on the combat. Keep in mind this is a new game rebuilt and its combat is much deeper than the first couple of DMC games. And Im sure they would even make the next game tougher but instead all we got was a bunch of fans acting like babies and pathetically proud that they might potentially kill off a rebooted series with good potential.

Slow clap.

They committed advertising/marketing suicide by insulting anyone who dared make any negative comments or constructive criticism. (Usually by Tameem replying like a douche)

Why should anyone symphatize with them or support their games after that is beyond me.
---
Currently Playing: Ni no Kuni, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
PSN: Hoguru 3DS FC: 3995-6658-2489
#177badbadkittyPosted 2/6/2013 12:52:21 PM
I have never played a single Devil May Cry game, and I have had no desire to try this new one. If Capcom was looking for a new audience then they missed the mark with me. This Dante guy looks like a strung out obnoxious L.A. Persian with even worse fashion sense than those Shahs of Sunset douche nozzles.

Is this game better than Nier? That's about as hack and slashy as I can get. The story got me through that game.
#178lokithefoolPosted 2/6/2013 1:09:38 PM
Said it two years ago, and I said it a few months ago Dead On Arrival.
#179demonfang178Posted 2/6/2013 4:33:56 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
The haters are a vocal minority. The reason DmC is tanking so hard is because the general public really can't be bothered, and all of the game's marketing was built on a wrong-headed "silence the haters" campaign aimed squarely at the wrong people.

LOL no

Actually I can see this. Think about it. If you knew NOTHING about DMC or DmC and only had the the box art and the name to go on, would you buy this game. I personally wouldn't because I think the name is beyond stupid.
#180JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/6/2013 4:40:54 PM
Speaking of the cover art, I can't see a lot of people being attracted to a character that looks like a moody, British punk. Seriously, if I had no information on the game, and I'd just see the game case as I'm browsing the shelve, I'd barely give it a 2nd look.