DMC3 SE > DmC > DMC1 >>> DMC4 >>>>>>> DMC2

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 2/5/2013 5:09:10 AM(edited)
Devil May Cry 4 i just recently played, its not very entertaining. Nero is boring as hell to play, and the pacing is pretty bad. This game doesnt seem to have much in the way of replay value. the music and graphics are okay but this was an early release so it suffers from technical issues like loading during missions. it still has a bad camera! howd they get 4 iterations in without fixing this? anyways the feats this game accomplishes on PS3 are superceded by the fact that they clearly ran out of ideas. im not sure i can ever finish this game. i tried when it first released and sold it, and im trying now, and its just boring me to tears. the fact that they ran out of ideas and this game wasnt as good as the one before it probably is the reason it got rebooted in the first place. it needed it believe me.

Devil May Cry 3 is the best one, with the most replay value, challenge, and fun. Most agree with this so its pretty undisputable. i just beat it a few days ago, and it still holds up.

Devil May Cry 2 absolutely sucks, its the worst one. Way too easy and broken boss fights with no patterns, you can literally gun them down from a distance. Thats a joke. Anyways everyone agrees this ones the worst. I cant even get through this game in full.

Devil May Cry 1 this is a great game! but it is very vintage so you got a terrible camera, terrible graphics, archiac gameplay (definately the most shallow in terms of combos) but its still a good game. good bosses, good story, noteworthy characters. its not as good as 3, way better than 2, but the story in DmC is better, the graphics, gameplay, all of that has been improved. and this games just aged rather poorly. dispite that its easily third best.

DmC has great story, great gameplay, great graphics, great soundtrack, humorous dialogue, a memorable cast, is captivating (wow i finally didnt want to skip a single cutscene!) and has a bit of replay to boot, more so than DMC1 did, but not quite on the level of 3, even with the vergil dlc which isnt out, you need to pay for it. DMC3 gives you vergil just for beating the game and his gameplays longer than a few hours. also i find secret missions way harder and more challenging, as well as the trophy set is difficult to get in DMC3. with that said it has more going for it than DMC1 does, thats a game youll play for nostalgia, get a bit annoyed with its tedious and poorly aged gameplay, beat, and put down without replaying it again another time over.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 5:06:37 AM
I've never had any problem with DMC4 loading during missions. I've been playing the PC version if that makes any difference.

lol @ Nero being boring to play as.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3produnerPosted 2/5/2013 5:10:47 AM
Max-act, DT cancels, DT invincibility and shuffle dodging. Nero is one of the best additions to gameplay from DMC4. The gameplay alone makes DMC4 automatically top 2 or 3 in the series. Don't compare the crappy, clunky and boring gameplay of DmC to DMC4.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:11:10 AM
well ive been told that DMC4 picks up halfway when you get to play as dante with the style system from DMC3, but he has to do rehashed bosses that you already did with Nero. So if the best gameplay of the game is doing what you can do the entirety of DMC3 without the tedious nero stages, and the repetition of doing the same crap with Dante, then its just not worth it. I would never want to replay the game again simply because i wouldnt want to play nero for that long again.
#5RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 5:12:06 AM
Calling DMC4's grafix okay and praising DmC just confirms you never played it.
Hardly anything beats MT Framework, and UE3 is obviously not a match.

Hell, the fact that you don't know you can spin 3 and 4's camera would be enough.
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:13:05 AM(edited)
produner posted...
Max-act, DT cancels, DT invincibility and shuffle dodging. Nero is one of the best additions to gameplay from DMC4. The gameplay alone makes DMC4 automatically top 2 or 3 in the series. Don't compare the crappy, clunky and boring gameplay of DmC to DMC4.

well i think the grappling in DmC compares to what nero can do with his devil bringer it is roughly the same thing. He might have better late game stuff fully upgraded, but thats after you go through the terribly boring slow start he has, and you prettymuch force yourself to that point from the looks of it.
#7produnerPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:38 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
well ive been told that DMC4 picks up halfway when you get to play as dante with the style system from DMC3, but he has to do rehashed bosses that you already did with Nero. So if the best gameplay of the game is doing what you can do the entirety of DMC3 without the tedious nero stages, and the repetition of doing the same crap with Dante, then its just not worth it. I would never want to replay the game again simply because i wouldnt want to play nero for that long again.

Backtracking and some annoying character traits are not that much of an issue. DMC4 has huge replay value if you master the combat, exploit bosses, complete bloody palace and complete the game on every difficulty. Backtracking is stupid but DMC4 is an unfinished game due to the time problems with making a new gen game using MT framework.
#8KyryloPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:56 AM
RetsuxD posted...

Hell, the fact that you don't know you can spin 3 and 4's camera would be enough.

bascially this. DmC has
a. crappy textures
b. awesome pixelated shadows
c. ugly as hell models.
#9RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 5:15:33 AM
You....you can't seriously be telling me grappling is all you could do with Nero.

That's like saying all Dante could do in 1 and 3 was swing Rebellion and Force Edge because you couldn't be bothered to buy new moves or play it enough to get the other weapons.
#10Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:15:55 AM
RetsuxD posted...

i liked the art style of DmC