DmC shipped 1 million copies...

#1HarceruPosted 2/5/2013 6:51:13 AM
... but it feels like 2 million copies.

derp
---
I am he who made you wear your shoes on your hands.
#2Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 6:51:33 AM
Shipped =/= sold.

derp
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3Harceru(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:52:52 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Shipped =/= sold.

derp

Which is why I said "shipped" and not "sold."

derp
---
#4RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 6:53:50 AM
I shipped Dante and Lady.
#5Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 6:53:54 AM
Harceru posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Shipped =/= sold.

derp

derp

I just wanted to clear up any confusion that the defenders might have.

derp
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#6Harceru(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 6:55:34 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Harceru posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Shipped =/= sold.

derp

derp

I just wanted to clear up any confusion that the defenders might have.

derp

I'm still waiting for them~

derp
---
#7hotgamerPosted 2/5/2013 11:25:06 AM
Do you guys think they shipped 1 million copies to stores for free out of the goodness of their hearts? You would be delusional if you thought so.

Capcom sold those copies to stores at a lower price point, so that the store can resell them at 60$ and make a little profit.

I dunno how much stores must pay for each copies of the game they want to receive from the game company, but let's say that's 20$ (it's probably more than that), that's already 20 millions made.

You also have those who sold, a little part also goes back to the publisher. Then you have those who sold through PSN, which are probably not even included in those numbers.

Bottom Line, capcom already made a lot of money on this. Doesn't matter if it doesn't sell as well as the previous DMC, if they consider it a success, don't expect DMC5 ever, as DmC2 will be around the corner.

Also, stop making it sound like DMC is the best series ever. Yes, they were good, but not that good. Sure I enjoyed them, but they were just good, not excellent or awesome, my jaw is dropping.

You people not only underestimate this game, but you greatly overestimate the DMC series as well. Nostalgia googles are strong on this board.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#8DuuuDe14Posted 2/5/2013 11:27:18 AM
^ Dude. What are you talking about?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#9Ink-RibbonPosted 2/5/2013 11:27:21 AM
hotgamer posted...
Do you guys think they shipped 1 million copies to stores for free out of the goodness of their hearts? You would be delusional if you thought so.

Capcom sold those copies to stores at a lower price point, so that the store can resell them at 60$ and make a little profit.

I dunno how much stores must pay for each copies of the game they want to receive from the game company, but let's say that's 20$ (it's probably more than that), that's already 20 millions made.

You also have those who sold, a little part also goes back to the publisher. Then you have those who sold through PSN, which are probably not even included in those numbers.

Bottom Line, capcom already made a lot of money on this. Doesn't matter if it doesn't sell as well as the previous DMC, if they consider it a success, don't expect DMC5 ever, as DmC2 will be around the corner.

Also, stop making it sound like DMC is the best series ever. Yes, they were good, but not that good. Sure I enjoyed them, but they were just good, not excellent or awesome, my jaw is dropping.

You people not only underestimate this game, but you greatly overestimate the DMC series as well. Nostalgia googles are strong on this board.

You're using logic here, sir. Don't waste your time.

Logic and gamefaqs don't mix together.
#10vgman94Posted 2/5/2013 11:28:44 AM
hotgamer posted...

Yes, it is. The nostalgia is too strong in most fanbases. It's ashamed how blinded people can be by their own past experiences. People also forget the game hasn't been out for even a month or two. By the end of it's run, it'll probably sell around 1.5-2 million copies, and that's not counting the other profits you cited.