It's not over yet...

#51USFPosted 2/5/2013 4:17:25 PM(edited)
FijianBadAzz posted...
"It’s potentially a sad end to a tale brought about very much by the fans themselves. Anyone who played Devil May Cry 4 must surely of seen how desperately the IP needed an injection of new ideas and modernisation – which is exactly what the skilful Ninja Theory achieved.

Yet the fans revolted because Capcom dared to reinvent its IP for the 21st century and dared to change the colour of Dante’s hair. It’s really very sad.

A headline suggested by a colleague: “Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite.” That about covers it."

Wow, just wow. I can't believe he seriously wrote that

Came here to say that. Even journalists can't seem to grasp their head around why people refused to buy the game and it obviously goes beyond the hair color. If that doesn't tell you how obnoxious and clueless these "journalists" are I don't know what will.

What I don't understand about these journalists, and pros like Thunder up there, who say that the fans killed the franchise. Please PLEASE I beg one of you people who said that to explain to me why shall people that hate what NT has done to the series (whether it's story, characters, dialogue, gameplay etc... it doesn't matter) to go out and spend $60 bucks of their hard earned money on something they ****ing hate? Wouldn't the logical decision to make be to save that money and actually spend it on a game they like? Especially considering the amount of games coming out in the next 2-3 months.

I'm a huge DMC fan, it's my second favorite consoles series of ALL TIME, yes of all time, but I would never drop $60 bucks on a DMC game that I hate or don't like because it's not up to the standards I expected it to be. I'm a fan, but I'm not a fool. I would rather put that money towards a game I know already I will enjoy like: Metal Gear Rising, God Of War, Starcraft II: Heart Of The Swarm, The Last Of Us, Tomb Raider etc... I'm getting exactly what I wanted from those games and I'll buy them instead. This DmC? No, it's not what I asked for. I didn't ask for a god awful story, script that was written by a 14 year old targeting other 14 year olds, bland and uninteresting characters, simplified, shallow and casualized gameplay. This is not what I asked for from a DMC game, I feel no reason to spend my money on it. And if this puts an end to the series I absolutely loved, well so be it. Better to have no DMC than have one like DmC because I ain't buying it so its existence is useless to me.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#52shatterstarPosted 2/5/2013 4:17:12 PM
Thunder097 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
shatterstar posted...

The fans killed the franchise...lol.

Nah, it was Tameem's BS.

Nope you antis don't want to admit it. Believe it or not you guys killed it!

That's the truth mate!

They honestly did.

I don't know what kinda of logical conclusion they've expected to happen from their behavior. But if someone calls me names and harass me, I sure in hell wouldn't reward them with money...lol.

But like Forest Gump said..."Stupid is as stupid does.".....lol.

NT got their money and probably a future partnership with Capcom, which results in them throwing new and old IP's their way to work on, Capcom got 1.2 million out of DmC, and the fans got nothing.

Go figure.
#53USFPosted 2/5/2013 4:18:44 PM
shatterstar posted...
Thunder097 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
shatterstar posted...

Nah, it was Tameem's BS.

That's the truth mate!

They honestly did.

I don't know what kinda of logical conclusion they've expected to happen from their behavior. But if someone calls me names and harass me, I sure in hell wouldn't reward them with money...lol.

NT got their money and probably a future partnership with Capcom, which results in them throwing new and old IP's their way to work on, Capcom got 1.2 million out of DmC, and the fans got nothing.

Go figure.

Capcom didn't get ****. Capcom SHIPPED 1.2 mill units, they didn't sell 1.2 mill units. They didn't even sell 700k units for as much as we know.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Ni No Kuni, DoTa 2, LoL, Anno 2070, Xcom: Enemy Unknown.
#54shatterstarPosted 2/5/2013 4:24:18 PM
USF posted...
FijianBadAzz posted...
"It’s potentially a sad end to a tale brought about very much by the fans themselves. Anyone who played Devil May Cry 4 must surely of seen how desperately the IP needed an injection of new ideas and modernisation – which is exactly what the skilful Ninja Theory achieved.

Yet the fans revolted because Capcom dared to reinvent its IP for the 21st century and dared to change the colour of Dante’s hair. It’s really very sad.

A headline suggested by a colleague: “Devil May Cry fans destroy brand out of spite.” That about covers it."

Wow, just wow. I can't believe he seriously wrote that

Came here to say that. Even journalists can't seem to grasp their head around why people refused to buy the game and it obviously goes beyond the hair color. If that doesn't tell you how obnoxious and clueless these "journalists" are I don't know what will.

What I don't understand about these journalists, and pros like Thunder up there, who say that the fans killed the franchise. Please PLEASE I beg one of you people who said that to explain to me why shall people that hate what NT has done to the series (whether it's story, characters, dialogue, gameplay etc... it doesn't matter) to go out and spend $60 bucks of their hard earned money on something they ****ing hate? Wouldn't the logical decision to make be to save that money and actually spend it on a game they like? Especially considering the amount of games coming out in the next 2-3 months.

I'm a huge DMC fan, it's my second favorite consoles series of ALL TIME, yes of all time, but I would never drop $60 bucks on a DMC game that I hate or don't like because it's not up to the standards I expected it to be. I'm a fan, but I'm not a fool. I would rather put that money towards a game I know already I will enjoy like: Metal Gear Rising, God Of War, Starcraft II: Heart Of The Swarm, The Last Of Us, Tomb Raider etc... I'm getting exactly what I wanted from those games and I'll buy them instead. This DmC? No, it's not what I asked for. I didn't ask for a god awful story, script that was written by a 14 year old targeting other 14 year olds, bland and uninteresting characters, simplified, shallow and casualized gameplay. This is not what I asked for from a DMC game, I feel no reason to spend my money on it. And if this puts an end to the series I absolutely loved, well so be it. Better to have no DMC than have one like DmC because I ain't buying it so its existence is useless to me.

They're making fun of the fans mate. Because all they've managed to accomplish from their behavior was destroying the franchise.

Are you that clueless to where you don't understand when people are insulting you?

Here's a clue. "You're the smartest person in this forum." That was an insult by the way and intelligently done without being blunt.

Now you understand what the journalist are doing?
#55_Uwye_Posted 2/5/2013 4:25:09 PM
shatterstar posted...
NT got their money and probably a future partnership with Capcom

The same way NT kept working with Sony and Namco, right?
#56shatterstarPosted 2/5/2013 4:32:19 PM
USF posted...
shatterstar posted...
Thunder097 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
shatterstar posted...

Nah, it was Tameem's BS.

That's the truth mate!

They honestly did.

Go figure.

Capcom didn't get ****. Capcom SHIPPED 1.2 mill units, they didn't sell 1.2 mill units. They didn't even sell 700k units for as much as we know.

They wouldn't have lowered their expectations to that specific ball mark, if the game total sales weren't coming close to that point. That will include PC sales as well.

Basically worldwide genius. Common sense should tell you that.
#57Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 4:33:12 PM
shatter seems upset.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#58Rising_shadowPosted 2/5/2013 4:35:39 PM(edited)
He's a dweeb.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#59ChickenfrogmanPosted 2/5/2013 4:35:27 PM
Shatter's finally lost his walls of straw to hide behind with this game flopping. I think it was too much for his poor mind.
---
Renekton would make a terrible lifeguard. He'd just laugh at you as you drown and die and then probably eat your corpse.
PSN: RevolverChicken7
#60_Uwye_Posted 2/5/2013 4:37:32 PM
shatterstar posted...
They wouldn't have lowered their expectations to that specific ball mark, if the game total sales weren't coming close to that point. That will include PC sales as well.

Basically worldwide genius. Common sense should tell you that.

So, Capcom officially has shipped 1 million copies in January, expect to ship only an additional 200k in the following two months, and according to you they are already near the 1.2 million forecast even though it's still 45+ days until the end of the fiscal year? Good old shatter.