hack & slash since PS3 gens

#1tehheadPosted 2/5/2013 9:46:03 AM
DMC4 -> bayonetta -> ninja gaiden 2 -> DmC -> god of war -> god of war clones

DMC 4 for having the best designed enemies, not so much on bosses, and overall BGM, but lacking weapon to mess i guess, story is actually alright, just another dante adventure, and why do people seem to hate "just another adventure" kind of plot anyway?

bayonetta, i've yet to play it properly (dodge offsets) but enemy designs are pretty complex & all of them are brutal, story are bit messy & needs understanding from files (& if they even explain it well)

ninja gaiden 2, one of the hardest when played in 1 higher difficulty, and one of the fastest hack & slash i played in this gen
story is not even there i guess, females are there for jiggles

DmC, slower than DMC3 & 4, but at least somehow plays like a mix of god of war & DMC(no lock on, specific button inputs) designs have issues, especially the whole disco thing, but dreamrunners, butcher & tyrant save this game i guess, the rest feels like something of alice madness return or something, story is alright, although i find it bland

god of war, i finished god of war 3, and that's it, i've had enough of it, ascension MP look like a tacked on anarchy reign(platinum games), and plays like power stone (old CAPCOM title)

god of war clones, movie games & dante inferno, i've had it with dante inferno platforming and lucifer dangling private
#2RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 9:49:02 AM
I like one-on-one fights in my H&S, I was dissappointed with Verginianeleshamaladingdongbigdikilovedyoudonte, because if the game was on MT Framework, it sure as hell would have been an enjoyable battle.

That music was 9/10 it's okay could be better for that battle, but worked good enough.
#3produnerPosted 2/5/2013 9:49:56 AM
God of war had tight controls and solid combat. Although DmC has more flashy combos and guns, but still, controls and fluidity are essential for high quality HnS games.
#4ramseanGoodbyePosted 2/5/2013 9:58:05 AM
I didn't like Bayonetta as much as most people, it felt too much like a cluster-****. My list goes.

Enslaved(Loved the Story) > No More Heroes > DmC > DMC 4 > Madworld > Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes > Bayonetta > Lollipop Chainsaw > No More Heroes 2 > Anarchy Reigns.
#5TheSL1ClubPosted 2/5/2013 5:12:58 PM
produner posted...
God of war had tight controls and solid combat. Although DmC has more flashy combos and guns, but still, controls and fluidity are essential for high quality HnS games.

I really didn't like GOW's combat, it's just not deep for me, it's really easy for me even on the highest difficulty, people are attracted by it's presentation, I don't see fans of ninja gaiden or DMC thinks GOW has good combat mechanic.

Off topic: I really really want a next gen onimusha game, really want it. I'm extremely disappointed by DmC and Ninja Gaiden 3, looking forward to MGR.
#6Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 5:18:34 PM
Hey, Dyanasty Warriors Gundam 1 and 2 were awesome! How could you leave them out?
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#7BillysanPosted 2/5/2013 5:39:45 PM(edited)
The bosses in DMC4 are awesome and probably one of the best parts about the game. They're easier than some of the past bosses but DMC4 was has a whole a lot easier than past games so it's not something that only has to do with the bosses.

NG2 had some pretty iffy and messy bosses though.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman