Alarmhat Review

#1ReceiverxWisdomPosted 2/5/2013 12:03:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM-gEthxX2w

This guy deserves more hits, to quote my favorite part of the video:

"Instead they should've said this is a spinoff, a side story, one that doesn't effect the original universe at all. So don't worry we're just waiting for the guys doing Dragon's Dogma to get done. After that we'll have a fresh new Devil May Cry ready for you and just like that all rage has been washed away. Now instead of losing something they care about, the fans would have only gained something new. It would have been comparable to Mega Man & Mega Man battle network. Just a spinoff, nothing is replaced. It would've been P E R F E C T."
---
"A rose best blooms near death. You're in full bloom, pal!" ~ Iori Yagami
PSN: LatinChris_9990
#2bigdom93Posted 2/5/2013 12:08:54 PM
I would have said "Non-canon spinoff" because just saying it's a spin off can mean that it might be part of the canon story but not important enough to be considered vital to the story
#3StepswordsmanPosted 2/5/2013 12:10:18 PM
It is rather surprising for Capcom to not realise how to make a completely different game while still mooching off a successful brand.

This strategy didn't save Street Fighter EX, though.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#4ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:16:18 PM
I would have said "Non-canon spinoff" because just saying it's a spin off can mean that it might be part of the canon story but not important enough to be considered vital to the story

Either that, or they should've elaborated more about this being in it's own parallel world without running the risk not proceeding with the older series for quite some time.

I have a feeling that Itsuno won't be touching DMC anytime soon if he's going to be clearly busy with the Dogma series. This means we have to bear though more of this reboot nonsense over the next 2 years.

The screen gems movie will just be more s*** on the already saturated reboot crap cake as the time passes by.
---
#5ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:25:16 PM
It is rather surprising for Capcom to not realise how to make a completely different game while still mooching off a successful brand.
This strategy didn't save Street Fighter EX, though.

I assume they didn't want to take the risk of a newer IP in vein of a Devil May Cry game so thinking it would sell more with DMC name, they slapped it on the box.

Once again, I draw parallels with Operation Raccoon City. Slant Six was not highly known, but what they are known for is making a very HORRIBLE rendition of SOCOM just like Ninja Theory is known for making mediocre games that never sell well. Both those outsources were doomed from the beginning.

I just think Capcom knows they have no hands on deck to continue the series, which is why I believe if they were going to outsource Devil May Cry they should have handed off the series to a far more credible developer (Platinum games is a pipe dream obviously but still....who else does better HnS games these days other than Platinum? There's where all of Capcom's old talent is in a nutshell.)
---
#6Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/5/2013 12:48:50 PM
"grabbing cars with the whip and throwing it as angry Donte in the reveal trailer"

oh yea so he did! I don't get why NT couldn't do that as you could pick up cars and throw them in Bayonetta.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#7ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:59:36 PM
oh yea so he did! I don't get why NT couldn't do that as you could pick up cars and throw them in Bayonetta.

Because throwing cars in DmC wouldn't be edgy and Shakespearean enough to be classified as a good battle mechanic.
---
#8Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/5/2013 1:07:10 PM
ReceiverxWisdom posted...

Because throwing cars in DmC wouldn't be edgy and Shakespearean enough to be classified as a good battle mechanic.

maybe, or maybe its Bayonetta does what Donte don't
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg
#9ReceiverxWisdom(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:13:58 PM
maybe, or maybe its Bayonetta does what Donte don't

Or maybe NT lost creativity down the line with the demon whip and resorted to not doing much else with it resorting to remedial platforming tasks and no diverse grabs with enemy pull.

This is why I'll always firmly state the bolded: Buster > Demon whip.
I really don't like Nero that much but he was a beast with that arm, and did a variety of different moves with it instead of enemy pull .__.
---