So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#101WingedRegentPosted 2/5/2013 5:23:14 PM(edited)
He didn't do just a bad job, he did a bad job AND did terrible PR. I think that Tam Tam and his arrogance alone is enough for a good 100.000 units *NOT* sold. (Pure speculation, got nothing to build it on)
People tend not to want to buy from ass-hats.

^This. To me, the whole notion of blaming "haters" for the failure of DmC is stupid. What did they expect? People to just eat up a meal made by a venom-spewing chef if it wasn't to their liking? We've established that the gameplay (while flawed) is decent, but the story and the writing sucks, which can be gathered from watching the game on Youtube or the few reviews that DID point out the story/writing was bad. Did DMC need to be revived/revitalized after DMC 4? I don't think anyone can doubt that, but there are not only many storylines that could've done that job (Sparda/Vergil Post DMC 1/Nero Post DMC 4 or even Pre-DMC 4), but there's also a way of doing it right. Ninja Theory, point-blank, HAD to knock it out of the park on both gameplay and writing with how high of a pedestal that they placed themselves in the PR. Unfortunately, the gameplay has flaws, and the writing was horrendous. The fandom shouldn't be expected to just buy the game on name-value. Now, if the writer of the article happened to like DmC, then good for him, but that's not to say that everyone else should like the game as well. If Ninja Theory's DmC was a 9-10/10 game without question, that would be the only reason that ANYONE could say that the "haters" killed DmC, but the game itself was so divisive in terms of audience and how the game performed that some people just didn't like the game for the things it got wrong. Did some people pick at things just to pick at them? No doubt, but they also noted things that were genuine issues. Throw that on top of Ninja Theory and Capcom's horrible PR work leading to the game's release, the Vergil's Downfall DLC possibly being the game's ending, and Tameem's own arrogance pre-launch, and you have a game released for failure.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Seraphim_Dragon.png
You're casual if you like anything. Real hardcore gamers hate everything.-CyhortI82
#102Thunder097Posted 2/5/2013 5:22:14 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
reyray0709 posted...
When a Capcom game doesn't sell, Capcom (Japanese division) usually comes to the assumption that people don't want anymore of that franchise, so they stop making them.

Examples: Street Fighter for 7 years, Megaman now.

I don't blame Capcom, I blame the communities. Support your games.

Ninja Theory didn't kill DMC, the fanboys did.

2.7 million+ people bought DMC4 and this is how they repay us?

Lmao if someone disrespect me I wouldn't make s*** for them regardless if they gave me money. People have their honor to.
---
Official Joel and Ellie of Playstation All Star Battle Royale Board!
Last of Us, Injustice God Among us and Storm 3 :D DmC will be beast!
#103FireMage7777Posted 2/5/2013 5:22:45 PM
reyray0709 posted...
When a Capcom game doesn't sell, Capcom (Japanese division) usually comes to the assumption that people don't want anymore of that franchise, so they stop making them.

Examples: Street Fighter for 7 years, Megaman now.

Ninja Theory didn't kill DMC, the fanboys did.

...did any of you read that and have a stroke...or was that just me?
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#104ShengaliPosted 2/5/2013 5:29:29 PM
reyray0709 posted...

They did. Did you SEE how fast DMC HD shot up on Amazon? I almost got whiplash!

Thunder097 posted...
Lmao if someone disrespect me I wouldn't make s*** for them regardless if they gave me money. People have their honor to.

Thunder... I just can't tell what side of the fence you're on... You know this is the same thought from the "Antis", right? Are you "On the fence" (Neutral) like me? I haven't seen you up here...
#105myghostisdeadPosted 2/5/2013 5:29:59 PM
Why would I buy a game I don't want?
#106Fou LuPosted 2/5/2013 5:51:40 PM
They're fans. If it's not exactly what they want, they'll burn it to the ground. I saw the same thing with Stargate Universe. All the old fans whines and cried about how it wasn't the exact same dull shows that SG-1 and Atantis were, so they refused to watch it and killed the series off for good.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#107R2BDSiPosted 2/5/2013 5:56:35 PM
DMC in general sucks anyways
#108Megiddo_FlarePosted 2/5/2013 5:58:36 PM
Totally the haters fault right? We should all just sit here scapegoat every single person who expressed ANY sort of disappointment or dislike towards this game, because Antis/haters/whatever the **** are the reason why DmC isn't doing as well as people thought...

What a load BS. Nearly every single review I've seen praises this game to be magnificent and better than it's predecessors. If that's the case, then how could the "vocal minority" have killed it if it's such a great game? Bottom line is, If the customer doesn't want what your selling, then the customer isn't gonna buy. Simple as that. No amount of advertising can change their mind. (This does not just apply to the Antis BTW) Don't blame the customer. Blame the product. Most importantly, blame CAPCOM.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wanted to like this game to so bad. I wanted to LOVE it. To ADORE it. I wanted this game to prove me wrong on all accounts. Unfortunately, it failed to deliver and all I see in this game is one big disappointment. I guess I helped contribute to the "killing" of this franchise as well since I didn't want to spend $60 on something I find to be disappointing, but instead, opted to buy the HD collection a few months prior.
---
WHY SO SERIOUS!? O_o LET'S PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! >=] PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQi0Mv7kK_E
#109ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 6:06:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J71_tGMdgE

....so I take a week off and this is where the board ends up? Damn, guess I was Batman and didn't even know.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#110king_maddenPosted 2/5/2013 6:40:31 PM
well a lot of people here do believe that if you dont give a company any money, then they will reward you with giving you the game you want as good as you wanted it.