So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#121fawfulmark2Posted 2/5/2013 7:50:15 PM
being honest here Kamiya considered the series dead after DMC2.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#122NewavePosted 2/5/2013 7:52:01 PM
Eric_Draven3 posted...
Better for DMC to die than for it to be bastardized as DmC.

If it is dead than R.I.P. to my favorite video game series. If DmC were to continue that would be spitting on the grave.

Pretty much this. It's not my favorite series but it is one of the better ones, I do love 1, 2 and 4.
---
I have: NES, GB, GBA(3), PSX(5), DC, PS2, PSP(2), GC(2), Wii, XB(2), XB360
I want: GBP, GBL, GBC, SNES, MD, MCD, 32X, SS, PS3, PSV
#123thehandcannon4Posted 2/5/2013 8:22:30 PM
Eric_Draven3 posted...
Better for DMC to die than for it to be bastardized as DmC.

If it is dead than R.I.P. to my favorite video game series. If DmC were to continue that would be spitting on the grave.

---
~Killing lies
#124Kageblade23Posted 2/5/2013 8:37:39 PM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...

NT is much better than the RE6 capcom team for sure!

You might be right, but even then, that's really not saying much.

DmC is playable and you should give it a chance. RE6 certainly was not. Man this was the 1st splitscreen game that wasn't even fun splitscreen, Lost Planet2 was a masterpiece compared to RE6

really i rather enjoyed RE6 not as much as i enjoyed 5 or the others before but it still isnt a bad game and arent they supposedly going back to the roots with the next RE game?
#125Blackmarvel79Posted 2/5/2013 8:42:58 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

The game was disliked mainly for two reasons, Nero and backtracking. Backtracking could have been solved with more development time, since initially Dante was supposed to have his own unique levels and bosses. As for Nero well...

Another game had a similar problem with a protagonist nobody liked, MGS2. People were LIVID that they played 80% of the game as Raiden and not Snake, much like people were angry they played the majority of DMC4 as Nero and not Dante. Did they reboot the MGS series? No, they continued to chug along and created MGS3, one of the most well-received and critically-acclaimed games of the last generation.

Your reasoning fails. While people were upset about Raiden they still played the great game and enjoyed it.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#126SilentHeroSMT44Posted 2/5/2013 9:02:59 PM
The only good game any Dante was in Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne.

Deal.
---
The Hee-ho-fficial Frost Ace of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Official Neutral Hero of everywhere.
#127GANONDORFIVYPosted 2/5/2013 9:06:48 PM
if franchise died because we defended that we are not going to tolerate more emo teenage duchbags as heroes again substituing our beloved ones heroes so be it!!!
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#128BillysanPosted 2/5/2013 9:13:14 PM
Kageblade23 posted...

NT is much better than the RE6 capcom team for sure!

You might be right, but even then, that's really not saying much.

DmC is playable and you should give it a chance. RE6 certainly was not. Man this was the 1st splitscreen game that wasn't even fun splitscreen, Lost Planet2 was a masterpiece compared to RE6

really i rather enjoyed RE6 not as much as i enjoyed 5 or the others before but it still isnt a bad game and arent they supposedly going back to the roots with the next RE game?

Yeah RE6 was far from unplayable.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#129The_Undying_84Posted 2/5/2013 9:28:14 PM
It's Capcom, it was pretty much certain they'd find some way to kill it anyways.

Also, not even really a fan of DMC, but it was obvious to me that DmC deserved to be killed.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#130KemutsemuPosted 2/5/2013 9:36:01 PM
I've always been told that if I don't like a game, I can choose to not buy it. "Vote with your wallet." And you know what? I did, as well as at least one million other gamers.

Tameem committed the cardinal sin of franchise rebooting--he alienated the core fanbase--and he's going to pay for it. Capcom shipped 1.2 million copies of the game (damning it to being the worst selling game in the franchise), sales of DmC slid off by 64% after the first few weeks, and they have no one to blame except for themselves and Ninja Theory.

If fans complaining about a game is gamer entitlement, then companies complaining about alienated consumers is corporate entitlement.

DmC was labored on for a good couple of years, saw heavy advertisement, and it is absolutely guaranteed to sell less than a million copies. DMC4 was rushed and incomplete, was lightly advertised, and it sold at least 2.6 copies world wide.

There is a market for DMC and Capcom knows it--especially if they've been paying attention to sales of the DMC HD collection lately. Whether or not they make a game that we will like is entirely dependent on how willing they are to listen to their consumers and how willing they are to make a complete product.

I'd love for there to be another DMC game worthy of the title, but I think I could settle for Ninja Theory being that much closer to dying.