So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#21Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 12:34:15 PM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

That gamble didn't pay off for Crapcom.

I kind of didn't like DMC4 it was so slow and annyoing at times. Backtracking and Dicegame+statue moving

DMC4 is slow?

Did we play different games?

It's a lot faster than DmC.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#22RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 12:34:36 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Yes, I'm sure the game with the most copies sold(unless you count DMC3 + SE) killed the franchise.

Until DMC4, DMC2 had the best sales figures. That game absolutely affected the series seeing as the next game sold considerably less and considerably slower.

Fact is, people who bought DMC4 bought half a game and that left a sour taste even though it had the best combat system yet.

If you read my post, you'll realize that if you count the SE's sales, DMC3 beats even DMC4.

2.2M + 1.3M
#23cyanide_suicidePosted 2/5/2013 12:35:16 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

The game was disliked mainly for two reasons, Nero and backtracking. Backtracking could have been solved with more development time, since initially Dante was supposed to have his own unique levels and bosses. As for Nero well...

Another game had a similar problem with a protagonist nobody liked, MGS2. People were LIVID that they played 80% of the game as Raiden and not Snake, much like people were angry they played the majority of DMC4 as Nero and not Dante. Did they reboot the MGS series? No, they continued to chug along and created MGS3, one of the most well-received and critically-acclaimed games of the last generation.
#24BlackSheepWalls(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:39:03 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
BlackSheepWalls posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...

That gamble didn't pay off for Crapcom.

I kind of didn't like DMC4 it was so slow and annyoing at times. Backtracking and Dicegame+statue moving

DMC4 is slow?

Did we play different games?

It's a lot faster than DmC.

Talking about things that break the action. Don't tell me you like placing the 4 cutters before the bael boss or the boring woodlevel or the dicelevel(even if you know the trick)
#25SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 12:39:39 PM
Devil May Cry died with Four.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#26Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 12:39:47 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Yes, I'm sure the game with the most copies sold(unless you count DMC3 + SE) killed the franchise.

Sales dont matter. Fans got conned and bought Devil May Cry 4 for the Hype.

I didn't. I knew what was coming and I STILL bought it and enjoyed it thorougly.

Take your blanket statement elsewhere.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#27SiLVeR_420Posted 2/5/2013 12:44:35 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...

The game was disliked mainly for two reasons, Nero and backtracking. Backtracking could have been solved with more development time, since initially Dante was supposed to have his own unique levels and bosses. As for Nero well...

Another game had a similar problem with a protagonist nobody liked, MGS2. People were LIVID that they played 80% of the game as Raiden and not Snake, much like people were angry they played the majority of DMC4 as Nero and not Dante. Did they reboot the MGS series? No, they continued to chug along and created MGS3, one of the most well-received and critically-acclaimed games of the last generation.

That's where the real hate for Raiden comes from.
He's actually a pretty cool character especially now but that hour long tease with Snake on the Tanker then playing as Raiden on the plant part which is the other 6-7 hours of the game made people hate him.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#28Little_IshidaPosted 2/5/2013 12:51:31 PM
Yes....we did... Better to put the ill pet down before it suffers even more.
---
Ieyasu......Ieyasu.....
IIIIEEEEYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
#29SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 12:53:42 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

I didn't. I knew what was coming and I STILL bought it and enjoyed it thorougly.

Many people agree with his statement just because you like 4 dont call it blanket.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#30SiLVeR_420Posted 2/5/2013 12:56:25 PM
Smashwarlocks posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Many people agree with his statement just because you like 4 dont call it blanket.

A lot of people like DMC4 though...
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.