So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#31Dr4G0nZPosted 2/5/2013 12:58:06 PM(edited)
I didn't like 4 because half-way through the game, you had to play the entire game backwards all over again. You can't tell me that level design is anywhere near as good as the level design in DmC.

I don't really remember the combat all that well from DMC4 though, sadly.
#32RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 12:58:28 PM
If only 4's development time wasn't cut a year.
#33Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 1:06:12 PM(edited)
Malus_X6 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Yes, I'm sure the game with the most copies sold(unless you count DMC3 + SE) killed the franchise.

Sales dont matter. Fans got conned and bought Devil May Cry 4 for the Hype.

I didn't. I knew what was coming and I STILL bought it and enjoyed it thorougly.

Take your blanket statement elsewhere.

Many people agree with his statement just because you like 4 dont call it blanket.

No, I wasn't calling 4 a blanket. Dude right out and said fans. Not some fans or most. It appears to imply that ALL fans did it for that reason.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#34Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 1:09:00 PM
If only 4's development time wasn't cut a year.

Hell, I think a few months could have improved it more. A year could have done wonders. Still loved it, regardless.

I think this crap happens when you set release dates far too early in the process. At least make the date a realistic one shortly before it's actually completed and tested fully.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#35DJ_0000Posted 2/5/2013 1:11:23 PM
RetsuxD posted...

If you read my post, you'll realize that if you count the SE's sales, DMC3 beats even DMC4.

2.2M + 1.3M

I wouldn't count it when it forced a bunch of people who already had the game to buy it again to play as Vergil, that's skewing the numbers when it comes to looking at unique sales.
#36Ether101Posted 2/5/2013 1:14:05 PM
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

The feedback on DMC4 was mostly positive.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#37SmashwarlocksPosted 2/5/2013 1:17:05 PM
Ether101 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

Positive? I think thats a myth.
---
Score update. George Lucas 4 Basement Dwellers 0.
#38SephirothDZXPosted 2/5/2013 1:17:44 PM
Smashwarlocks posted...
Ether101 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...

Positive? I think thats a myth.

Critic scores for DMC4 and DmC are pretty much even. It's no myth.
#39fesodesPosted 2/5/2013 1:22:18 PM
Its Capcom and NT that alienated fans and ruined any chance this game had.
#40JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/5/2013 1:23:23 PM
DMC was always dead. There were only two way this could have gone. 1. DmC is a success and Capcom sticks with NT to give us more DmC games. 2. DmC fails and Capcom simply assumes that the franchise doesn't sell anymore and shelves it.

So DMC was always gone for good. Fans simply took DmC down along with it.