So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#41Pesmerga255Posted 2/5/2013 1:23:58 PM
DJ_0000 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

If you read my post, you'll realize that if you count the SE's sales, DMC3 beats even DMC4.

2.2M + 1.3M

I wouldn't count it when it forced a bunch of people who already had the game to buy it again to play as Vergil, that's skewing the numbers when it comes to looking at unique sales.

What's your opinion on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#42SiLVeR_420Posted 2/5/2013 1:28:16 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

If you read my post, you'll realize that if you count the SE's sales, DMC3 beats even DMC4.

2.2M + 1.3M

I wouldn't count it when it forced a bunch of people who already had the game to buy it again to play as Vergil, that's skewing the numbers when it comes to looking at unique sales.

Wasn't the ability to play Vergil already in standard DMC3?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#43hoagie727Posted 2/5/2013 1:29:52 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

2.2M + 1.3M

Vergil was in the SE version which was a re-release of 3 with dumbed down difficulty.
#44Ether101Posted 2/5/2013 1:30:11 PM
Smashwarlocks posted...
Ether101 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

The feedback on DMC4 was mostly positive.

Positive? I think thats a myth.

Let's see, if the biggest grips people had with the game is that it was rushed and lacked content that means that they didn't really have a problem with anything else.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#45Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 1:34:05 PM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
DJ_0000 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

2.2M + 1.3M

Vergil was in the SE version which was a re-release of 3 with dumbed down difficulty.

Dumbed-down difficulty my ass!
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#46hoagie727Posted 2/5/2013 1:40:43 PM
Check out the DMC 3 section.

In the original DMC 3 in the US normal mode was Japanse Hard mode.

It was fixed in SE.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty_Mode
#47Dr4G0nZPosted 2/5/2013 1:45:28 PM
JigokuNoBanken posted...
DMC was always dead. There were only two way this could have gone. 1. DmC is a success and Capcom sticks with NT to give us more DmC games. 2. DmC fails and Capcom simply assumes that the franchise doesn't sell anymore and shelves it.

So DMC was always gone for good. Fans simply took DmC down along with it.

That's a really negative view on things, but I have to agree.

Honestly, I feel kinda bad for Tameem and Ninja Theory. They made a pretty good game, spent a lot of time developing it, spent a couple thousand good man hours designing it, and all it's getting is rejection from the fans because they wanted DMC5. DMC fans in Japan hate it, DMC fans in North America hate it, DMC fans in Europe hate it.

Honestly, it was their first time working with the franchise -- sure, they didn't do as good as we would have liked, but the hate on these boards is borderline asinine. They did a pretty damn good job given what they had to work with. Capcom wanted them to do a reboot, so they did it. It wouldn't so much be a reboot if the changes weren't so drastic. Sure, the game lacks challenge, and some of its mechanics are broken in all difficulties (like Demon Dodge and Drive), but is the game actually so bad?

I'm fairly certain if the game was given any other name, it would have either gone a little bit under the radar, or it would have been praised to some extent. Let's face it, DMC4 wasn't all that great. Sure, this game wasn't as good as DMC3, but DMC4 was also a huge disimprovement from DMC3SE... challenge-wise, level-design wise, AND, to some extent, conbat-wise. It has always been really difficult to match up with the quality in DMC3. I'm pretty sure, to this date, the only game that matched up with its quality in the genre is Bayonetta.

I don't really care if people are haters, and I would have preferred DMC5 as well, but the developers for this game put in some good work. You can't really say you didn't enjoy a single minute of it. I don't think they really deserve this much hate for something that Capcom did. Sure, Ninja Theory handed some of the PR incorrectly, but I do think the hate has really gone out of hand. Every day, there are spiteful comments/topics about how the game isn't DMC5. I don't think they got the reboot completely wrong, and I would definitely like to see a sequel, if not just to see what will happen to the game engine.
#48Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 1:51:02 PM

It was fixed in SE.

Doesn't matter. It still chewed up players. I remember easily beating Cerberus on Normal on DMC 3 v.1. When the SE came out, I had it handed to me. For some reason, on the HD collection, I suck even more at fighting him on Normal.

Possibly due to the head trauma and constant seven-year headache, but who knows.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#49RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 1:52:37 PM
To be fair, SE adds Very Hard mode, which is DA's Hard mode, so you really have all difficulties.
#50hoagie727Posted 2/5/2013 1:53:02 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

It was fixed in SE.

Doesn't matter. It still chewed up players. I remember easily beating Cerberus on Normal on DMC 3 v.1. When the SE came out, I had it handed to me. For some reason, on the HD collection, I suck even more at fighting him on Normal.

Possibly due to the head trauma and constant seven-year headache, but who knows.

I think you took my "dumbed down" comment the wrong way.

I never meant it was an easy game. I just meant a big reason why SE was released is because people complained normal was too hard and fans wanted Vergil.