So you haters killed DmC and DMC... good job!?

#51Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 3:01:00 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Check out the DMC 3 section.

In the original DMC 3 in the US normal mode was Japanse Hard mode.

It was fixed in SE.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Difficulty_Mode

Doesn't matter. It still chewed up players. I remember easily beating Cerberus on Normal on DMC 3 v.1. When the SE came out, I had it handed to me. For some reason, on the HD collection, I suck even more at fighting him on Normal.

Possibly due to the head trauma and constant seven-year headache, but who knows.

I think you took my "dumbed down" comment the wrong way.

I never meant it was an easy game. I just meant a big reason why SE was released is because people complained normal was too hard and fans wanted Vergil.

I figured Capcom wanted to add Vergil. That alone would have been fine with me.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#52KyryloPosted 2/5/2013 3:04:06 PM
topics like this brings tears in my eyes.
#53wwinterj25Posted 2/5/2013 3:05:08 PM
Your username is fitting TC.
"BlackSheepWalls"

Sheep been the main part. I bet you eat up any crap websites publish don't you? Capcom killed Devil May Cry because they rebooted something that didn't need it. People won't buy something they don't like.

Capcom want more Devil May Cry by 2015 I think so it's up to them the way they go but making DmC 2 is suicide. I doubt this is the last Devil May Cry game as Capcom know if they released Devil May Cry 5 it would sell like hotcakes.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#54KentaLacruciaPosted 2/5/2013 3:19:27 PM
Eric_Draven3 posted...
Better for DMC to die than for it to be bastardized as DmC.

If it is dead than R.I.P. to my favorite video game series. If DmC were to continue that would be spitting on the grave.

Totally agreed. I would rather see Devil May Cry as a franchise die off than watch as it descends into the hell it does not deserve.
#55KentaLacruciaPosted 2/5/2013 3:26:03 PM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Devil May Cry 4 killed Devil may Cry and the series. It doesnt matter how many copies of 4 sold the feedback was not in favor of the game. Hence the gamble on a reboot.

That gamble didn't pay off for Crapcom.

I kind of didn't like DMC4 it was so slow and annyoing at times. Backtracking and Dicegame+statue moving

I loved DMC4 and I thought Nero was a great character. It was nice to see a conflicted hero who was fighting to save the one he loves instead of fighting just for the hell of it. I agree that all the backtracking and the dice game was annoying, especially on harder difficulties, but the only bad thing I ever really had to say was that by the time you get to play as Dante, the game is so freaking difficult. I liked the added challenge, but the game was so obviously designed around Nero's Devil Bringer that the enemies just got frustrating when you fought as Dante because of the bullcrap enemies can pull off when you can't interrupt them by grabbing them. But I understand that DMC4 isn't for everyone. So please don't take this as me trying to troll you or b**** at you.
#56TheBatman91Posted 2/5/2013 3:26:41 PM
After DMC4 the series was getting a bit stale so they needed to try something new, i guess it just didnt pay off.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 trumps any DMC for me though.
---
Demon/Dark souls > FFXIII/XIII-2.
#57bearded_moosePosted 2/5/2013 3:31:35 PM
i'm honestly glad the haters screwed themselves over and i hope they never make another Devil May Cry game just so the haters will REALLY have something to be pissed about.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
PirateSwordsman is my new favorite.1/18/13
#58StepswordsmanPosted 2/5/2013 3:36:09 PM
Yeah. For example, Mega Man Legends fans were pretty pissed after Capcom cancelled MML3, but it can't even compare to what they were doing for almost 10 years, when it looked like MML2 and MoTB were the last games in the series.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#59VaruneyPosted 2/5/2013 3:40:10 PM
bearded_moose posted...
i'm honestly glad the haters screwed themselves over and i hope they never make another Devil May Cry game just so the haters will REALLY have something to be pissed about.

I am inclined to agree. Digging up what was already dead never worked for most things anyway. This is especially true with this game.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#60JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/5/2013 3:52:05 PM

As if Capcom would have ever bothered with the old DMC again, had this sold as much as they first hoped. Don't blame the fans. Capcom was aiming for a bigger, casual audience. Well, apparently the casual audience doesn't care much about DmC or even DMC. And the fans, they have been treated like trash and probably weren't even factored in, in Capcom's hoped success for DmC.