As I've been playing through the series again I really don't get it. SPOLIERS!!!

#21BigStud0746Posted 2/5/2013 2:48:18 PM
My only real complaint with this game is the bosses. There are too few, and they're too easy. There are 6 bosses total, 1 in the first mission, and 1 in each of the last two missions. That leaves just three bosses for the other 17 missions. Other than that, combat against standard enemies is at least as good as any other game in the series. It's fast, diverse, and simply put, fun. It seems to me that immediately following the release of most games, you got a lot of extreme opinions. People either scream about loving it or hating it. Give it a few months and we will all get a better idea of how the gaming community as a whole really feels about the game after they have enough time to digest it, and give it a more objective appraisal.
---
W2FC: 0133 1057 8499
#22Ether101Posted 2/5/2013 2:51:31 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
my point remains for me.
DMC1>DMC3>= DMC4>DMC2>>>>>dmc.

How anyone can say DMC2 is better is beyond me. I can see why some would say DMC3 is better but DMC2? That has to be the worse HnS game I've ever played.

Worst HnS game I played is NG3. But that aside, DmC drops everything that was made thus far into dumpster, removes old art-style and basically leaves us without hope for proper sequel. In that terms I can't enjoy game that made all of the above. And I enjoyed DMC2 as very first DMC.

So what your basically saying is that it is the story and atmosphere you don't like. That is a perfectly valid point. I don't agree, but I understand.

My real gripe is those picking on the gameplay. Calling it mediocre and a downgrade when I can list several upgrades it has brought. (boss fights aside that is.)

But I don't think you can as DMC4 already let us do everything.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#23MadigariPosted 2/5/2013 2:52:20 PM
GujinKami posted...
http://i45.tinypic.com/2jdjnt0.jpg

We had this same picture everywhere you go. New material, please.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#24GujinKamiPosted 2/5/2013 2:53:42 PM
We had this same picture everywhere you go. New material, please.

I will once the board starts delivering new material.
---
~Gujin
http://i39.tinypic.com/v830c3.jpg http://i45.tinypic.com/34o99hk.jpg http://i49.tinypic.com/23j1t9z.gif
#25MadigariPosted 2/5/2013 2:55:19 PM
GujinKami posted...
I will once the board starts delivering new material.

Well, as long as you're okay with your standards slipping along side the board's, alright then.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#26Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 4:14:00 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
There was one thing about DMC 3 that bugged me, and it's present on both PS2 and the HD version. The game would randomly turn off the lock-on display. Why it does that, I dunno but it still bugs the crap outta me.

Maybe you should stop pressing the L3 button for more than three seconds. :P

That's why it happens? That's stupid. Admittedly, I do have that kind of thing happen in Skyrim.

I'm surprised you accidentally hold down the L3 button for so long.

I don't. It usually happens when my thumb starts slipping, but readjusting it will screw everything up right then and there.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#27FireMage7777Posted 2/5/2013 4:16:43 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
Kyrylo posted...
my point remains for me.
DMC1>DMC3>= DMC4>DMC2>>>>>dmc.

How anyone can say DMC2 is better is beyond me. I can see why some would say DMC3 is better but DMC2? That has to be the worse HnS game I've ever played.

It's a better programmed game for starters
---
Goku can lift a MINIMUM of 3.1212 quadrillion tons in base form, get it right ScrewAttack
The official Valbanisher
#28NightmareGammaPosted 2/5/2013 5:37:47 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
First Post

I actually agree with you! However, I still like the gameplay of Dante in DMC4 a bit more, because of the "change style on the fly".

The DmC Combat is really good, and not as limited as people say (however, more limited then 4, yes), but sadly it is much easier to get into it (because you donÄt need to change styles while battling, but being easier could also be a good thign for some people).

The only thing that really, really, REALLY bugs me is the lack of lock on! The camera is a total mess, and you can't deny this! You never really see what you want to see.

If they would have the lock on, and get back the directional input + attack inputs (not just the double tap ones) so that circle can be used for even MORE variety, it would have been nearly perfect!

Then it could be like this (Rebellion):

idle + Attack = Standard attack string.
forward + attack = Stinger
backward + attack = High Time
hold attack = Drive
idle + circle attack = 360° Attack
forward + circle = Dance Macabre
backward + circle = guard crushing/Super Armor destroying attack
hold circle = Roundtrip

And that are only ground moves! In total, with lock on, we could have 8 basic Ground Attacks, not counting input delay versions etc.

However, without the lock on, we one have this:

Idle + Attack = Standard attack string
double tap into direction + Atttack = Stinger
hold attack = Drive
circle High Time

that are just 4 basic attacks on the ground! THey don't even used double tap + circle or holding circle, which could easily had increase the variety a lot!

so, basically, we only have 4 Attacks without lock-on, proably 6 if we could use double tap circle and holding circle, against 8 with Lock on.

THat's the only nitpick I have for the gameplay.
---
#29ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 5:41:19 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
There was one thing about DMC 3 that bugged me, and it's present on both PS2 and the HD version. .

Dante's personality?
...nope just me, hun?
(He was barely more tolerable than DmC dante)
DMC 4 Dante was a good balance.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#30BillysanPosted 2/5/2013 5:46:25 PM
If it walks like a duck it must be a duck.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman