"It's... as if some people think game publishers are entitled to sales" - Forbes

#11syctheweilderPosted 2/5/2013 6:42:53 PM
"I hear quite often when we enter the turbulent waters of “entitled gamer syndrome” that fans should stop complaining and vote with their wallets.

If you don’t like it, so the advice goes, quit whining and just don’t buy it.

I certainly think the most effective possible protest in a capitalist economic system is to vote with one’s wallet, though I have no problem with vocalizing complaints alongside said protest.

Yet here we have an example of that very self-same thing happening right before our eyes, and now it turns out that voting with one’s wallet is actually akin to destroying a brand out of spite.

It’s almost—almost!—as if some people think game publishers are entitled to sales regardless of whether or not customers particularly care for the product."
#12360pagesPosted 2/5/2013 6:42:59 PM
We are to blame, but in a good way? Weird.

Like I said before, you should use the words. (Don't like it don't buy it.) Carefully, look at SFXTK Everyone said if you didn't like it, don't buy it. And it wasn't even able too pass Person Arena numbers in terms of world wide sales.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#13Sir_Phoenix88Posted 2/5/2013 6:44:25 PM
Please stop taking articles out of context.

"After all, many of [the antis] believed DmC itself was the destruction of a beloved brand. I’m not sure I agree with that entirely—I had fun with DmC which I thought was an entertaining, if somewhat average, game.."

"DmC is a game filled with untapped potential. I’d love to see another Devil May Cry game with the same graphics, the same imaginative settings, but with more of the original game’s atmosphere and depth-of-combat."

In summary, DmC is a good game, and could have been better if they had pushed the combat to higher levels and changed the game atmosphere (likely referring to the difficulty).

He is chastising people who say that people should automatically buy sequels if they have previously supported the series, and that [antis] have every right to childishly not buy the game if they think that black hair and a reboot are bad. At the same time, he states that he doesn't quite agree with [the antis], because he feels that while DmC is not perfect, it was a good game and not the hellspawn that some people make it out to be.
#14StepswordsmanPosted 2/5/2013 6:46:26 PM
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

"After all, many of [the antis] believed DmC itself was the destruction of a beloved brand. I’m not sure I agree with that entirely—I had fun with DmC which I thought was an entertaining, if somewhat average, game.."

"DmC is a game filled with untapped potential. I’d love to see another Devil May Cry game with the same graphics, the same imaginative settings, but with more of the original game’s atmosphere and depth-of-combat."

In summary, DmC is a good game, and could have been better if they had pushed the combat to higher levels and changed the game atmosphere (likely referring to the difficulty).

He is chastising people who say that people should automatically buy sequels if they have previously supported the series, and that [antis] have every right to childishly not buy the game if they think that black hair and a reboot are bad. At the same time, he states that he doesn't quite agree with [the antis], because he feels that while DmC is not perfect, it was a good game and not the hellspawn that some people make it out to be.

Dunno, sounds like something an anti would say.
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#15Psychochild27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:08:47 PM(edited)
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

You try fitting that into the character limit of the topic line.

/also, he refers to the game as "Somewhat average" in that same exact quote you lifted which... y'know, isn't something you'd want to slap on the back of a game case.
#16Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 6:51:10 PM
tl;dr: Yes, we may have killed it, but it was not we who arrested, imprisoned and sentenced the series for execution.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#17VaruneyPosted 2/5/2013 7:00:31 PM
Sir_Phoenix88 posted...

Sadly Mr. Wright, only good games shut it's "haterz" up, why? they run out of ammunition, naturally. Mediocre titles like this one right here only serve to fuel our hatred. Not to mention the game having the (former)potential of destroying what was a franchise beloved to us.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#18Jiyuu FalconPosted 2/5/2013 7:06:54 PM
Varuney posted...
Sadly Mr. Wright, only good games shut it's "haterz" up, why? they run out of ammunition, naturally. Mediocre titles like this one right here only serve to fuel our hatred. Not to mention the game having the (former)potential of destroying what was a franchise beloved to us.

OBJECTION!

How dare you equate that poster to Phoenix Wright! No matter how you may hate Wright, Ace Attorney, or just lawyers in general, there is no excuse for your actions!

...That is all. Everything else you said checks out. Carry on. :P
#19ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 7:08:42 PM
I WILL HAVE ORDER IN MY COURT MS. VONKAR.......
*gets whipped*
....objection sustained...
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#20VaruneyPosted 2/5/2013 7:11:27 PM
Jiyuu Falcon posted...
Varuney posted...

OBJECTION!

How dare you equate that poster to Phoenix Wright! No matter how you may hate Wright, Ace Attorney, or just lawyers in general, there is no excuse for your actions!

...That is all. Everything else you said checks out. Carry on. :P

You are right. I apologize, Phoenix IS one of my fave chars of all time after all.

*Judge Varuney declares himself: GUILTY*
*pounds gavel*
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*