"It's... as if some people think game publishers are entitled to sales" - Forbes

#21AiddonPosted 2/5/2013 7:11:57 PM
the problem with Kain saying it was "good" game is that it seems like one of those games where he'll forget it ever existed a few months down the line.

Anyway, Kain clearly shows the fallacies in journalists trying to demonize fans. Yeah, CAPCOM has every legal right to do with their franchises what they please, but we also have the right NOT to buy their products if we so please. Selfish maybe and I do chastise people for not buying games that DO show innovation and risk such as Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid: Other M, Tactics Ogre, Valkyria Chronicles, The Last Story, etc, but I'm not going to call them bad people. Journalists are going to have to work their HIDES off the restore their rep after all this mud-slinging they've done.
#22Jiyuu FalconPosted 2/5/2013 7:14:22 PM
Varuney posted...
You are right. I apologize, Phoenix IS one of my fave chars of all time after all.

*Judge Varuney declares himself: GUILTY*
*pounds gavel*

*runs around throwing confetti*
#23ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 7:18:37 PM
Aiddon posted...
the problem with Kain saying it was "good" game is that it seems like one of those games where he'll forget it ever existed a few months down the line.

Anyway, Kain clearly shows the fallacies in journalists trying to demonize fans. Yeah, CAPCOM has every legal right to do with their franchises what they please, but we also have the right NOT to buy their products if we so please. Selfish maybe and I do chastise people for not buying games that DO show innovation and risk such as Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid: Other M, Tactics Ogre, Valkyria Chronicles, The Last Story, etc, but I'm not going to call them bad people. Journalists are going to have to work their HIDES off the restore their rep after all this mud-slinging they've done.

Really???
Ehh.. opinions. I for one feel like it **** all over the metroid franchise but whatever.

*Agrees with the rest of your post*
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#24Damien94Posted 2/5/2013 7:22:39 PM
Sorry Phoenix, you're the one taking things out of context. You should read the whole article before picking and choosing which parts you want to hear.

He says the game is average and that it would have been better released as it's own IP or a spin-off.

But mostly the article is about how ridiculous and hypocritical it is for journalists to blame fans for bad sales of a mediocre game when the accepted mantra in a capitalist society is "vote with your wallet". The fans have voted, and the game has been "weighed, measured and found wanting".
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#25SiLVeR_420Posted 2/5/2013 7:24:25 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Aiddon posted...

Really???
Ehh.. opinions. I for one feel like it **** all over the metroid franchise but whatever.

*Agrees with the rest of your post*

The gameplay of Other M was good its just the story and everything else that ruined it.
Also taking the 2nd fight with Ridley away from you like that is unforgivable. As is putting Samus in heels which is against her design docs.

Also anytime Other M is mentioned I have to say this: The baby.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#26Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 7:25:50 PM(edited)
Everyone, just a heads-up.

NEVER mention or even debate Other M around Tripweed and/or Ether. That's a nightmare many of us vets don't want to relive.

Sorry Phoenix, you're the one taking things out of context. You should read the whole article before picking and choosing which parts you want to hear.

He says the game is average and that it would have been better released as it's own IP or a spin-off.

But mostly the article is about how ridiculous and hypocritical it is for journalists to blame fans for bad sales of a mediocre game when the accepted mantra in a capitalist society is "vote with your wallet". The fans have voted, and the game has been "weighed, measured and found wanting".

You are officially awesome for using that. Now I wanna watch that movie.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#27Sony_7Posted 2/5/2013 7:25:11 PM
I don't like this guy. He acts like antis aren't actively trying to ruin this game by metabombing it or flaming every trailer that gets released. He is acting like they just aren't buying the game and saying why, which is fine, but in reality there is an active campaign to see this game fail and ruining it for people who are just getting into the series. That, IMO, is why the antis are the bad guys and why this Erik guy is full of ****.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#28Psychochild27(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:28:18 PM(edited)
Selfish maybe and I do chastise people for not buying games that DO show innovation and risk such as Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid: Other M, Tactics Ogre, Valkyria Chronicles, The Last Story, etc, but I'm not going to call them bad people.

That game is panned for good reason. It didn't show much risk, it went back to the old 2D style gameplay with bits where Samus occasionally runs into and away from the background and a dodge/counter mechanic built into combat, along with terrible story elements shoehorned into a series that always had a fairly minimalistic approach with that sort of thing until Fusion.

You want an innovative Metroid game, go play the Metroid Prime series. Taking a 2D platformer that hinged heavily on exploring alien worlds at the player's leisure and translating that into an exceptional first person shooter that worked those Metroid elements in beautifully? THAT is a risk that panned out very well for Nintendo.
#29DuuuDe14Posted 2/5/2013 7:29:35 PM
Sony_7 posted...
I don't like this guy. He acts like antis aren't actively trying to ruin this game by metabombing it or flaming every trailer that gets released. He is acting like they just aren't buying the game and saying why, which is fine, but in reality there is an active campaign to see this game fail and ruining it for people who are just getting into the series. That, IMO, is why the antis are the bad guys and why this Erik guy is full of ****.

Except he, I and many others dont condone their actions and I myself as i cant speak for others actively try to push myself away from people like that.

Lets get this straight

Anti: Teh DuuuDe
Ignorant moron: people who metabomb or troll or any of the sort.
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#30SiLVeR_420Posted 2/5/2013 7:30:35 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
Selfish maybe and I do chastise people for not buying games that DO show innovation and risk such as Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Metroid: Other M, Tactics Ogre, Valkyria Chronicles, The Last Story, etc, but I'm not going to call them bad people.

That game is panned for good reason. It didn't show much risk, it went back to the old 2D style gameplay with bits where Samus occasionally runs into and away from the background and a dodge/counter mechanic built into combat, along with terrible story elements shoehorned into a series that always had a fairly minimalistic approach with that sort of thing until Fusion.

You want an innovative Metroid game, go play the Metroid Prime series. Taking a 2D platformer that hinged heavily on exploring alien worlds at the player's leisure and translating that into an exceptional first person shooter that worked those Metroid elements in beautifully? THAT is a risk that panned out very well for Nintendo.

Retro is pretty much Nintendos new Rare. They can't mess up.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.