"It's... as if some people think game publishers are entitled to sales" - Forbes

#31ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 7:35:27 PM
Malus_X6 posted...
Everyone, just a heads-up.

NEVER mention or even debate Other M around Tripweed and/or Ether. That's a nightmare many of us vets don't want to relive.

Maybe you don't.
*insert Vincent Price laugh here*

(also **** cellphones and **** work.)
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#32Sony_7Posted 2/5/2013 7:54:22 PM
DuuuDe14 posted...
Sony_7 posted...
I don't like this guy. He acts like antis aren't actively trying to ruin this game by metabombing it or flaming every trailer that gets released. He is acting like they just aren't buying the game and saying why, which is fine, but in reality there is an active campaign to see this game fail and ruining it for people who are just getting into the series. That, IMO, is why the antis are the bad guys and why this Erik guy is full of ****.

Except he, I and many others dont condone their actions and I myself as i cant speak for others actively try to push myself away from people like that.

Lets get this straight

Anti: Teh DuuuDe
Ignorant moron: people who metabomb or troll or any of the sort.

Ya, I'm fine with Antis like yourself. You have an opinion on something you don't like, you express it, and you choose not to support something you don't like. Any pro that is against that and acts like it's morally wrong instead of arguing is as bad as the metabombers. But the antis that do that crap, metabombing, negging and flaming everything/everyone, trolling and more... There is just way too many of them. You can't ignore such a massive cult of jerks trying to ruin everyone else's time just because they can't get their way. My problem with Erik is he's acting like that faction doesn't even exist.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#33ZeroX91Posted 2/5/2013 8:00:23 PM
Sony_7 posted...
Ya, I'm fine with Antis like yourself. You have an opinion on something you don't like, you express it, and you choose not to support something you don't like. Any pro that is against that and acts like it's morally wrong instead of arguing is as bad as the metabombers. But the antis that do that crap, metabombing, negging and flaming everything/everyone, trolling and more... There is just way too many of them. You can't ignore such a massive cult of jerks trying to ruin everyone else's time just because they can't get their way. My problem with Erik is he's acting like that faction doesn't even exist.

Annoyin' isn't it, kinda like any article that writes everything off as it being about the hair.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#34RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 8:00:47 PM
Other M was worse, it was canon, and we're supposed to believe it can lead into Fusion perfectly.
#35White_OblivionPosted 2/5/2013 8:02:14 PM
People aren't going to buy things that they don't like. It's simple economics.
#36KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/5/2013 8:02:44 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Other M was worse, it was canon, and we're supposed to believe it can lead into Fusion perfectly.

Wait, which one are you implying isn't canon?

As far as Other M goes, I liked it. It wasn't the best Metroid game, but I liked it for what it was. I could never dislike a Metroid game, so even if Other M was my least favorite I wouldn't say I dislike it.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#37RetsuxDPosted 2/5/2013 8:08:58 PM
DmC isn't canon to the original timeline.
#38AiddonPosted 2/5/2013 8:10:25 PM
GETTING BACK ON TOPIC (seriously, I was so sick of people sulking about Other M I wanna slap people silly for hanging around the boards for more than a month just to bash it, especially when the BS sexism accusations came up).

This does serve as a very interesting example of journalists having their egos bruised. They foolishly threw their hats in the ring, and now they've paid the price. They defended a game that won't be remembered a year from now and will probably be swept under the rug with old Dante and Nero coming back, serving as the ultimate burn to the game: that it wasn't even BAD enough to be remembered
#39Sony_7Posted 2/5/2013 8:11:30 PM
ZeroX91 posted...
Sony_7 posted...

Annoyin' isn't it, kinda like any article that writes everything off as it being about the hair.

Hey, I never use the hair complaint to write off antis! I know why you guys hate this game. Unfortunately, there are many pros and professional reviewers who use the hair line and I get how that can be... frustrating.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#40Dark_EpathyPosted 2/5/2013 8:11:47 PM
Yeah, I don't think anyone can deny there is a chunk of people out there who did indeed defame DmC and Capcom out of spite. The game has its flaws, yes, but they were amplified by Capcom's recent business practices and Ninja Theory's questionable PR.

I mean, you have people saying they hate this game. And yet they would be largely apathetic if DMC5 was announced tomorrow with both series to be produced alongside each other. They might even suddenly start seeing good in DmC.

I think that says something more than anything else.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa