The ending was horrible.

#1mmpepsiPosted 2/5/2013 5:41:45 PM(edited)
They couldn't even think of a good reason for Vergil and Dante to fight. After Dante beats Vergil he says he's going to protect humans which is what Vergil wanted both of them to do anyway.

I don't know what Kat's problem with them ruling humans was either. Did she forget when the cops were beating her to death? If Vergil was in charge that wouldn't happen again.
#2Green_PuffPosted 2/5/2013 5:42:30 PM
Donte is in fact... DONTE. whattatwist
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 2/5/2013 5:42:57 PM
The ending wasn't the only horrible part of the story. =D
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4TaizukuPosted 2/5/2013 5:43:41 PM
That's a really good reason to fight, if you know this dude is going to blast babies out of wombs, just cuz, if he's just going to be like "Eff Kat" when she's in danger, he definitely doesn't care about anyone's wellbeing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#55hadowsPosted 2/5/2013 5:44:12 PM
It's actually the best part you know, since you know a bad game is over.
---
Ill add something here later....
#6gr3ylingPosted 2/5/2013 6:14:47 PM
"I don't know what Kat's problem with them ruling humans was either."

Vergil viewed humans as being inferior, helpless "tools", despite the fact that he would not have been able to defeat Mundus without Kat. Through the story he showed that he was arrogant, deceptive, and ungrateful.

Perhaps most importantly, he did not believe humans had a right to choose their own leaders. He was planning to assume control over the entire world without any kind of democratic process. Dictators generally do not end up being the greatest people, as history shows.

"Did she forget when the cops were beating her to death? If Vergil was in charge that wouldn't happen again."

Why wouldn't that happen again? There is clear evidence that vergil was willing to kill those who opposed him, even his own brother. In fact, if Dante was not there, Kat would have died twice due to Vergil's actions. He is the one who allowed her to be shot and captured, and he put her life in greater danger when he opened fire on the succubus during the hostage exchange.

He had no qualms about sacrificing human life for what he saw as the good of the world, that's for sure. He was an "the ends justify the means" person in every way.
---
---
Mother forgive me, I sold your car for the shoes that I gave you
#7360pagesPosted 2/5/2013 6:17:30 PM
Taizuku posted...
That's a really good reason to fight, if you know this dude is going to blast babies out of wombs, just cuz, if he's just going to be like "Eff Kat" when she's in danger, he definitely doesn't care about anyone's well being.

Even if he was a **** that wasn't a trigger for a death fight. It would have made a lot more sense if the two actually talked about it. Considering that the two were actually on good terms through most of the game.

Hell, even DMC 3 Dante was more diplomatic at the end of the game considering everything.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#8gr3ylingPosted 2/5/2013 6:19:23 PM
"They couldn't even think of a good reason for Vergil and Dante to fight."

Incidentally, I think the manipulative and egotistical side of Vergil was developed from early on in the story (I mentioned some of the examples of how it came to light in my earlier post), so I don't think the conflict at the end between he and Dante was contrived at all.

I actually through the story was pretty deep and thought provoking in a lot of ways.
---
---
#9gr3ylingPosted 2/5/2013 6:25:58 PM
"Even if he was a **** that wasn't a trigger for a death fight. It would have made a lot more sense if the two actually talked about it."

They did talk about it. But there wasn't a lot to talk about. Vergil's true nature came to light in a completely unambiguous way after just a short exchange.

"Considering that the two were actually on good terms through most of the game."

They were on good terms because Vergil slyly hid who he was. The end was an apocalyptic sequence both in terms of the events taking place in the greater world, and in the sense that the true nature of Vergil's intent was revealed.
---
---
#10Malus_X6Posted 2/5/2013 6:26:33 PM
"I don't know what Kat's problem with them ruling humans was either."

Vergil viewed humans as being inferior, helpless "tools"...

Compared to the other various species I've encountered, yeah... VINO was right. Humans have a long way to go till they finally get their s*** in order.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI