The ending was horrible.

#51CKnightPosted 2/6/2013 10:56:48 AM
mmpepsi posted...
gr3yling posted...
"It doesn't really matter if humans can't realistically govern themselves without bloodshed."

I agree with what you are saying, but I think that there is another important thing to note about this situation. The notion that humans can govern themselves without suffering and death certainly is romantic, but the notion that there is a better alternative is completely wrong. No dictator is benevolent.

Even if the humans in Dante's world did a completely abysmal job of governing themselves, Vergil would not have done a better job. He was ruthless and corrupt, like everyone who has or wants absolute power.

He said he'd protect them. He didn't seem to have bad intentions, he just realized he's better than humans.

Which he is.

Lex Luthor thinks he's protecting mankind too. Just because someone says nobel things doesn't mean they're actually nobel.

Darth Vader wanted to rule the Empire and bring peace to the Galaxy.

Angel season 5, Demon God came to Earth to bring ever lasting peace.

Quite a few characters have seemingly nobel intentions shrouded in darkness. Problem is some of you are taking what he said at face value and forgetting the person he showed us he was through out the game and in the end. What kind of protection would someone like Virgil offer? I doubt he would sit quietly and only show up to fight some threat and protect people.
#52Dark_EpathyPosted 2/6/2013 10:56:51 AM
faith in people: LeT's feed that meatbags to demons! DAT faith.

That's exactly my point. You're looking at it from this hardcore naturalistic perspective. Yes, Dante's way will be difficult. Yes, it will be dangerous. But the humans can now band together and live on their own terms.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#53OmidusPosted 2/6/2013 10:58:59 AM
This thread should be deleted, 5 pages of posting and half of you have an IQ below 50. Given the poor reading comprehension and subtext interpretation, your high school education have failed you. The main story line isn't even that complicated and yet somehow that still escapes most of you.

Half of you somehow feels you're capable of superior writing in the lore of DmC universe, you're posting reflects anything but capable.
#54TaizukuPosted 2/6/2013 11:00:03 AM
Omidus posted...
This thread should be deleted, 5 pages of posting and half of you have an IQ below 50. Given the poor reading comprehension and subtext interpretation, your high school education have failed you. The main story line isn't even that complicated and yet somehow that still escapes most of you.

Half of you somehow feels you're capable of superior writing in the lore of DmC universe, you're posting reflects anything but capable.

inb4butthurt
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#55RunothPosted 2/6/2013 11:19:32 AM
I was expecting an ending much more dramatic than what we were given. It was basically Vergil stating calmly that he wanted to rule, Dante disagreeing, with the two of them glaring at each other, then they fight. BORRRRRRING.

Here's something much better that I thought was going to happen.

Hair color for Nephilim is an indication of which alignment they lean more toward. Black for demonic, white for angelic. (Theoretically) Vergil at first was fighting the good fight, but as his plans came to fruition, his hair eventually started acquiring tinges of black as his lust for power grew. In turn, you see (actually in game) Dante acquiring tinges of white in his hair, as he makes good decisions to protect and defend those weaker than him (Kat).

As Dante confronts Mundus, he keeps with his original statement about fighting for humanity, gaining tinges of white, and in fact reveals that it wasn't him who killed his child. At this critical moment, Vergil becomes impatient, reveals himself, backstabs Mundus and takes the power of the hellgate(I would've made Mundus still weak from his last effort, and not immortal). Insane with power, Vergil gives in to his true intentions - *cue epic speech about how humans are worthless and deserve to be crushed underfoot. *Hair explodes into black* Dante retorts with an epic speech about the power of devotion to those weaker than yourself. *Hair glows, then bursts into white*

The hellgate distorts the room around them, twisting it into a hellish version of the dream world Dante went into earlier to free Sparda. The two brothers clash in an epic battle to the tune of epic choral symphonic rock.

When Dante wins, the ending is much the same. Dante spares Vergil's life, Vergil opens a portal and disappears in search of more power.
#56DarkLite411Posted 2/6/2013 11:51:08 AM
Omidus posted...

Ok so let me get this straight....a bunch of people talking about something that can be considered "pointless" is bad right?

Sooo, it must be worse...if a person complains about a bunch of people talking about something that is nothing. At the very least discussion is usually a good thing and I do believe that's why we are here.

I never really understood that concept. Like people come up to me while I'm playing my DS and say "Video games are a waste of time!" Then I respond with, "But I'm enjoying myself here so what's it to you?" Kind of like what Squidward does to Spongebob. Goes out his way just to say something to Spongebob. Like if you don't care, something is pointless, etc,...they why are you here?

Let the interesting conversation continue. I'm especially intrigued to hear what gr3yling has to say. He has an interesting and positive perspective of life.
---
The sign of winning an argument is when a person insults you during one. It's easy to verbally attack someone, but it's hard to win a discussion. Kind of sad.
#57CKnightPosted 2/6/2013 1:18:53 PM
DarkLite411 posted...
Omidus posted...

Ok so let me get this straight....a bunch of people talking about something that can be considered "pointless" is bad right?

Sooo, it must be worse...if a person complains about a bunch of people talking about something that is nothing. At the very least discussion is usually a good thing and I do believe that's why we are here.

I never really understood that concept. Like people come up to me while I'm playing my DS and say "Video games are a waste of time!" Then I respond with, "But I'm enjoying myself here so what's it to you?" Kind of like what Squidward does to Spongebob. Goes out his way just to say something to Spongebob. Like if you don't care, something is pointless, etc,...they why are you here?

Let the interesting conversation continue. I'm especially intrigued to hear what gr3yling has to say. He has an interesting and positive perspective of life.

I think he's refering to the simple fact that people think Vergil saying he'll protect humans as meaning he'd be some great ruler.

They clearly didnt grasp the story and meaning which is very basic and simple. They even hammer it home with Vergil saying things like my subjects and Kat the only human around at that time repeating it in disappointment.

Its not just on Gamefaqs but other message boards and Youtube, its all "Duuh Vergil said he would protect humans, it was dumb for Dante to fight him duuurrrr."
#58SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 1:20:36 PM
Vorgil wanted to co-rule with Donte.

If Vorgil had negative qualities they would be mitigated by have Donte at his side.
#59CKnightPosted 2/6/2013 1:55:47 PM
SilentS89 posted...
Vorgil wanted to co-rule with Donte.

If Vorgil had negative qualities they would be mitigated by have Donte at his side.

Theres alot of ifs. But one thing is clear, humans not being ruled over and being able to stand on theyre own and choose their own leaders is a good thing.

You know free will.
#60StrelokPosted 2/6/2013 2:05:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]