Ya know, the original DMC series was never really that good in the first place

#61SilentS89Posted 2/7/2013 11:40:42 AM(edited)
yamas11 posted...
DMC1 = Created due to a glitch in Onimisha and the game is only mediocre overall.

Did you know that a glitch created an entire game?

Contrary to popular belief that it was born from Resident Evil 4 and made by Kamiya, it was actually a lucky Onimusha glitch that gave birth to DMC1.

Capcom scratched their heads but decided to sell it anyway.
#62parthos566Posted 2/7/2013 11:52:13 AM
yamas11 posted...
DMC1 = Created due to a glitch in Onimisha and the game is only mediocre overall.
DMC2 = Horrible game, too easy and boring.
DMC3 = Best of the series, but all of the reusing stages and bosses near the end was bad.
DMC4 = Best gameplay, but worst stages, along with even more recycling of stages and bosses.

The original DMC series overall is just an ok series.

This is the truth, and he is right about DMC 1 the game was inspired by a juggling glitch in Oni. And it was suppose to be Resident Evil 4 but that didn't happen either.
---
PSN: Mastadope42
#63NeoTStylePosted 2/7/2013 1:39:23 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Difficulty aside Kratos is far more compelling than either dante as a protaginist. GoW has a far better story and history in its mythos that is the difference between the two properties.

Okay, I'll agree that GoW has a better mythos since it's basically greek mythology, but Kratos is a terrible character. He's unbelievably one dimensional.

I didnt say he wasnt one dimensional but I did say he was far more compelling than Either version of Dante.

If you have exceptionally bad taste that is.
#64Hunter1534Posted 2/7/2013 1:46:09 PM
shatterstar posted...
yamas11 posted...
DMC3 = Best of the series, but all of the reusing stages and bosses near the end was bad.
DMC4 = Best gameplay, but worst stages, along with even more recycling of stages and bosses.

I agree. Those games were decent for their time. But they're crap compared to the current gen.

DmC was the best DMC game that I've ever played.

Ignored
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif
#65KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 2/7/2013 1:49:22 PM
parthos566 posted...
yamas11 posted...

This is the truth, and he is right about DMC 1 the game was inspired by a juggling glitch in Oni. And it was suppose to be Resident Evil 4 but that didn't happen either.

No... it wasn't. It started as RE4, that's it. I don't get where people keep getting this Onimusha thing from...
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#66Hunter1534Posted 2/7/2013 2:02:30 PM
The juggling was from onimusha. Well....a glitch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mwAxU6m.gif
#67SamEJIVPosted 2/7/2013 3:59:39 PM
I don't know about it being created purely because of that. But it WAS an inspired aspect of the gameplay, the Onimusha glitch.
---
I'm working double shifts AND overtime... I gotta tell you man,, being the best is a FULL time job! PSN:SamEJIV
#68RetsuxDPosted 2/7/2013 4:14:13 PM
All I know about Onimusha in regards to DMC, is that jump cancels started originally as a glitch in Onimusha, or something.

Or so I heard.
#69LilRoss2k3Posted 2/7/2013 6:25:34 PM
i miss the classic onimusha games (1&2). they kind of fell off after that.
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken, SF, CoD, & more.
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#70Ink-RibbonPosted 2/7/2013 6:32:26 PM
Only DMC 1 and 3 were good games.

DMC 2 doesn't exist and DMC 4 is hilarious and badly done.

DMC 4 killed the original series, unfortunately. There is no going back.