Ya know, the original DMC series was never really that good in the first place

#71TheSL1ClubPosted 2/7/2013 6:46:42 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Only DMC 1 and 3 were good games.

DMC 2 doesn't exist and DMC 4 is hilarious and badly done.

DMC 4 killed the original series, unfortunately. There is no going back.

I liked DMC4... and so alot of other people did, but this doesn't surprise me since you like DmC so much.
#72testament067Posted 2/8/2013 5:06:57 AM
DMC was an all around good series....but game to game it was inconsistent imo.

I really feel like there was a new Dante in every game....maybe that's why this new Dante doesn't bother me.
---
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg
#73Dersu_UzalaPosted 2/8/2013 5:23:39 AM
It's completely true that the idea for DMC1's juggle mechanics came from a glitch in Onimusha.

However, the much more important fact is that it's a reworking of the canceled original version of Resident Evil 4.
#74EntropyZeroPosted 2/8/2013 8:16:09 AM
Ya know, all we are is dust in the wind
---
Psn: Squigi / Live: oOSquigiOo / squigi.deviantart.com
i7-3930k 4.4ghz / ripjaws-z 32gb 2166mhz / asus gtx 660ti 2gb
#75SasukefirePosted 2/8/2013 8:21:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs
---
Wait, this quest involves jumping?
#76ThaiNoodlesPosted 2/8/2013 8:43:37 AM
Yeah everybody saying that Onimusha glitch thing isn't true obviously never read videogame magazines when DMC1 came out, this was talked about at length in a couple of interviews.
#77geekneck99Posted 2/8/2013 1:01:17 PM
It's completely true that the idea for DMC1's juggle mechanics came from a glitch in Onimusha.

This, and...

Yeah everybody saying that Onimusha glitch thing isn't true obviously never read videogame magazines when DMC1 came out, this was talked about at length in a couple of interviews.

This.

I know I read about it in EGM, and maybe even OPM. What? Back then the gaming rags were better than bothering with dial-up and AOL...
---
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.
#78JakeTheSn8kePosted 2/8/2013 9:07:36 PM
I find Kratos to be more halirious than Dante...

IMO I find the GoW games to be graphically impressive, but far from challenging and fun.

Also the story "ain't deep" IMO if I'm looking for a good story I'll play a game mainly focused on story telling.
---
R.I.P FFA
#79DevilTears604Posted 2/8/2013 9:13:48 PM
JakeTheSn8ke posted...
I find Kratos to be more halirious than Dante...

IMO I find the GoW games to be graphically impressive, but far from challenging and fun.

Also the story "ain't deep" IMO if I'm looking for a good story I'll play a game mainly focused on story telling.

I'd take Kratos over Dante any day. At least Kratos doesn't come off like a two-bit Peter Parker.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#80JakeTheSn8kePosted 2/8/2013 9:22:51 PM
Because we all know Kratos is a macho man, lol

Whatever, that's your your taste so be it.

But what the hell is going on with all these DMC bashers on the board?
---
R.I.P FFA