Ya know, the original DMC series was never really that good in the first place

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Ya know, the original DMC series was never really that good in the first place

User Info: TheSL1Club

TheSL1Club
3 years ago#71
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Only DMC 1 and 3 were good games.

DMC 2 doesn't exist and DMC 4 is hilarious and badly done.

DMC 4 killed the original series, unfortunately. There is no going back.

I liked DMC4... and so alot of other people did, but this doesn't surprise me since you like DmC so much.

User Info: testament067

testament067
3 years ago#72
DMC was an all around good series....but game to game it was inconsistent imo.

I really feel like there was a new Dante in every game....maybe that's why this new Dante doesn't bother me.
Video freestyle starring Me!!!! Check me out! Download the music!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKloH1AHrtg

User Info: Dersu_Uzala

Dersu_Uzala
3 years ago#73
It's completely true that the idea for DMC1's juggle mechanics came from a glitch in Onimusha.

However, the much more important fact is that it's a reworking of the canceled original version of Resident Evil 4.

User Info: EntropyZero

EntropyZero
3 years ago#74
Ya know, all we are is dust in the wind
Psn: Squigi / Live: oOSquigiOo / squigi.deviantart.com
i7-3930k 4.4ghz / ripjaws-z 32gb 2166mhz / asus gtx 660ti 2gb

User Info: Sasukefire

Sasukefire
3 years ago#75
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs
Wait, this quest involves jumping?

User Info: ThaiNoodles

ThaiNoodles
3 years ago#76
Yeah everybody saying that Onimusha glitch thing isn't true obviously never read videogame magazines when DMC1 came out, this was talked about at length in a couple of interviews.

User Info: geekneck99

geekneck99
3 years ago#77
It's completely true that the idea for DMC1's juggle mechanics came from a glitch in Onimusha.

This, and...

Yeah everybody saying that Onimusha glitch thing isn't true obviously never read videogame magazines when DMC1 came out, this was talked about at length in a couple of interviews.

This.

I know I read about it in EGM, and maybe even OPM. What? Back then the gaming rags were better than bothering with dial-up and AOL...
If you can read this,
You don't need glasses.

User Info: JakeTheSn8ke

JakeTheSn8ke
3 years ago#78
I find Kratos to be more halirious than Dante...

IMO I find the GoW games to be graphically impressive, but far from challenging and fun.

Also the story "ain't deep" IMO if I'm looking for a good story I'll play a game mainly focused on story telling.
R.I.P FFA

User Info: DevilTears604

DevilTears604
3 years ago#79
JakeTheSn8ke posted...
I find Kratos to be more halirious than Dante...

IMO I find the GoW games to be graphically impressive, but far from challenging and fun.

Also the story "ain't deep" IMO if I'm looking for a good story I'll play a game mainly focused on story telling.

I'd take Kratos over Dante any day. At least Kratos doesn't come off like a two-bit Peter Parker.
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V

User Info: JakeTheSn8ke

JakeTheSn8ke
3 years ago#80
Because we all know Kratos is a macho man, lol

Whatever, that's your your taste so be it.

But what the hell is going on with all these DMC bashers on the board?
R.I.P FFA
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Ya know, the original DMC series was never really that good in the first place

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived