I really want to try out this game but i see a lot of deterring threads

#1strifechug2Posted 2/6/2013 2:09:11 AM
Screenshots look good but a lot of people seem to hate DmC. I got the budget but now I am having second thoughts.
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*
#2KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 2:18:56 AM
Sorry. Many of us don't like it, but there are also many who do like it. Try demo. If you like buy, if not don't. If you don't want to support it, buy used. simple as that.
#3Mr_SociopathPosted 2/6/2013 2:19:00 AM
The safest route you can possible take is to just borrow the game from someone who already owns it. You're on a budget man, and this is a video game.
---
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid
#4JigokuNoBankenPosted 2/6/2013 2:24:39 AM
You'll either love it or hate it. I don't think there's actually any sort of middle ground with this game. Me, I don't like it. But you could. Give it a try. But maybe rent it somewhere. It's what I always do with a title I'm not sure of I'd like.
#5VaruneyPosted 2/6/2013 2:26:38 AM
Either rent it or burrow it, first.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#6sillycatstevenPosted 2/6/2013 2:28:05 AM
or just rent it....
save the money for Dead Space 3
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#7Deadly_RavePosted 2/6/2013 2:29:59 AM
I don't like DmC and didn't support it, but that was my personal decision based on a variety of reasons. You, however, shouldn't let other people's opinions decide your actions. If you want the game, pick it up. If you're unsure, give it a rent or borrow. Try the demo first and see some gameplay vids to see if this game is worth it. The rest is up to you.
#8wwinterj25Posted 2/6/2013 2:31:42 AM
Best advise I can give is rent it. If you've never played a DMC game before get the HD collection. If however you have played DMC before don't expect this to be at the same level of standards. It's not completely terrible but for sure isn't Devil May Cry in my opinion and that's as honest as I can be and yes I own the game.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#9Xtreme65Posted 2/6/2013 2:34:24 AM
The game is good for casuals. If your into games like GoW and such, its a very solid title. If your looking for a hardcore experience however you should probably look elsewhere.

I for one don't mind the easy difficulty so I love the game. But other DMC fans loved the hardcore difficulty of the previous games and thus are very disappointed. Also most don't like the new direction of the art and story. Seeing as you like the screen shots its safe to assume you like the art style. As for the story if you liked the movie They Live this is pretty much like that instead its demons controlling everything instead of aliens.
---
When coincidence is so convenient, I prefer to call it fate.
#10_Uwye_Posted 2/6/2013 2:34:44 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Sorry. Many of us don't like it, but there are also many who do like it. Try demo. If you like buy, if not don't. If you don't want to support it, buy used. simple as that.

This, really. Demo is available and is quite meaty. No reason to not try for yourself.