I really want to try out this game but i see a lot of deterring threads

#11I_hate_cocoaPosted 2/6/2013 2:37:10 AM
wwinterj25 posted...
Best advise I can give is rent it. If you've never played a DMC game before get the HD collection. If however you have played DMC before don't expect this to be at the same level of standards. It's not completely terrible but for sure isn't Devil May Cry in my opinion and that's as honest as I can be and yes I own the game.

I got the HD collection and DMC4, Its really weird to see a massive aura of hatred around a Devil May Cry game board.
#12produnerPosted 2/6/2013 2:39:35 AM
Demo.
#13KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 2:40:18 AM
I_hate_cocoa posted...
wwinterj25 posted...
Best advise I can give is rent it. If you've never played a DMC game before get the HD collection. If however you have played DMC before don't expect this to be at the same level of standards. It's not completely terrible but for sure isn't Devil May Cry in my opinion and that's as honest as I can be and yes I own the game.

I got the HD collection and DMC4, Its really weird to see a massive aura of hatred around a Devil May Cry game board.

it is around here, after Capcom announced how crappy all other DMC games were and how they make perfect one and only game.
#14Dr4G0nZPosted 2/6/2013 2:45:30 AM(edited)
I don't think this is a bad game, but like that others have said...

If this is your first DMC game..
Probably better to get the DMC HD Collection. It's cheaper, and it has 3 really goojd games.

If it isn't...
It seems to be a dice roll right now -- some people like it, some people hate it. I personally like it -- but don't listen to me or anyone else on this board. You'll never get anything done if you do. You could always rent it and buy it if you like it. The game is short - around 6 hours or 7 hours long on your first playthrough. The game was meant for multiple playthroughs. You can try the demo as well, and there is the option to borrow the game if you'd like. You could probably find the Steam version of this game for about 20 dollars if you dig deep enough, and if you have a good enough PC.

There's a lot of hatred on this board...
#15wwinterj25Posted 2/6/2013 2:49:05 AM
I_hate_cocoa posted...

I can somewhat understand the hate. Devil May Cry 4 wasn't out that long ago and sold enough as far as I'm aware. Most folk enjoyed it and look forward to Devil May Cry 5 but instead get greeted with a completely different game that changes everything about the series.

It's sad it's come to this but I really don't understand why Capcom wanted this in the first place. If a series is successful why reboot it? I can only assume it's greed and Capcom assumed the fans would buy anything with the Devil May Cry name on it. That clearly didn't work and NT spouting off about how the old series isn't relevant no more and every fan should buy there game is totally disrespectful and just dug the hole even deeper. I'm not a pro nor a anti but can't say I'm surprised how much hatred this game gets.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#16TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/6/2013 2:49:53 AM
I foresee a rapid price drop. Wait it out.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#17NightmareGammaPosted 2/6/2013 3:46:20 AM
many say if this is your first DMC, you should buy HD collection first...

HOWEVER, I would recommend in buying this one first!

sure. it is more expensive, BUT without playing the former titles, you can go on to this with an open mind!
If you play the originals first, there is the possibility you say "Oh God! What did they do to the franchise?" , and maybe won't even give the game a chance or simply don't like it even if it is good, because you like the old more.

So, first play this, make your thoughts on it and THEN Play HD Collection and DMC4! Because even if you say "Wow, DmC was crap against this titles.", you at least can say "but I still enjoyed it my first time!"
---
#18BillysanPosted 2/6/2013 3:48:29 AM
Save your money if you wanna try it wait for the price drop...by then the rest of the game will be released by way of the DLC.

If you wanna spend 60 bucks Metal Gear Rising comes out in 2 weeks.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#19SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 3:55:06 AM
There is a reason there are a lot of deterring threads.
#20sillycatstevenPosted 2/6/2013 4:05:10 AM
and it's not because of the hair....
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.