I really want to try out this game but i see a lot of deterring threads

#31RunothPosted 2/6/2013 5:08:39 PM
Xtreme65 posted...
The game is good for casuals. If your into games like GoW and such, its a very solid title. If your looking for a hardcore experience however you should probably look elsewhere.

I for one don't mind the easy difficulty so I love the game. But other DMC fans loved the hardcore difficulty of the previous games and thus are very disappointed. Also most don't like the new direction of the art and story. Seeing as you like the screen shots its safe to assume you like the art style. As for the story if you liked the movie They Live this is pretty much like that instead its demons controlling everything instead of aliens.

This.
#32A7thStevePosted 2/6/2013 5:11:04 PM
If you know someone who has the game, watch them play it/play it with them. The demo is pretty misleading, especially if you still have your habits of targeting and weapon-switching from DMC3. I formed a poor opinion of the game based on the demo, but starting from the beginning will allow you to appreciate it more (and give you time to learn the controls).
#33HellsControllerPosted 2/6/2013 5:13:04 PM
What kind of opinion is that?
Play the good games after you spend money on this one so that way you won't hate it as much. Seriously, wtf?
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#34Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 5:34:43 PM
Rent it. It only takes 5-7 hours to beat anyway. Complete waste of $60.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#35NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/6/2013 6:06:55 PM
strifechug2 posted...
Screenshots look good but a lot of people seem to hate DmC. I got the budget but now I am having second thoughts.

Rent and see if you like it for yourself.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#36CrimzonHeadPosted 2/6/2013 6:09:34 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/critic
---
"The WiiU launch was herald by many as the best console launch since the Dreamcast." - _Sovereign_
Don't be scared homie
#37Phantom_Opera_GPosted 2/6/2013 6:16:51 PM(edited)
While I didn't like it the best advice I can give you is try the demo or rent it. However I would suggest holding fire a few weeks till Revengeance drops and buy that instead.

Edit: or just buy - if you don't own them already - DMC HD collection and/or DMC4
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tktRigt_WFg