Let's turn the tables around. "Pros", how would you react if DMC5 was announced?

#1GamingGuru1992Posted 2/6/2013 2:49:12 AM
As we all know, DmC is kinda circling the drain, with poor sales and one of the most divided fanbases in the industry I think it's safe to say the devil may cry ip as a whole has an uncertain future.

But for the sake of curiosity I wonder how the fans of this game would react if Capcom jumped back to the old series and continued it (abandoning this one). Would you be able to go back to the way things were? Would you be happy? Mad? Indifferent? I can't imagine as much of a negative reaction from them as the "antis" did with this game (but maybe I'm just being optimisstic).

I know it's a lot to ask for this board but try to keep things civil, I'm not trying to add to this whole conflict, I'm just curious.
---
PSN: GamingGuru1992
(UK gamer)
#2TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/6/2013 2:55:03 AM
People who like DmC generally enjoyed the older ones anyways. They'd embrace the return, even if they liked this one. Capcom needs to reunite the two halves, and a proper DMC5 is the only way to do that.

I'm just amazed at how out of control this whole issue has become, and surprised at how much wallet voting actually occurred.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#3TheBestGman2007Posted 2/6/2013 3:00:16 AM
I don't like either; DMC, or DmC. I wouldn't care either way.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.
#4KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 3:02:44 AM
I remember some pros saying: "if they don't make DmC2 I don't care about franchise anymore."
#5StrangerSirKaiPosted 2/6/2013 3:03:26 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I'm just amazed at how out of control this whole issue has become, and surprised at how much wallet voting actually occurred.

Me too, and it's the wallet-voting part that impresses me the most. Capcom was bitten in the ass three times in the past year, with SFxT, RE6, and DmC (arguably the strongest example of the three). They need to get their f***ing priorities straight.

Anyway, I'm really glad that existing fans stood up and made a difference to Capcom's bottom line.
#6SiLVeR_420Posted 2/6/2013 3:08:47 AM
TheBestGman2007 posted...

Then why you be here if you don't even like either games bub?
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#7gamer6879403333Posted 2/6/2013 3:11:27 AM
I'd be happy. DMC is a good series. I would just want DmC continued. It's the reboot being completely dropped that would anger me, mainly because I really can't stand cliffhangers that are left incomplete. DmC ended with a cliffhanger that has high potential of having a lot of directions it could go with a sequel, so I would be most displeased. If DMC4 had ended on a cliffhanger, let alone one as big as DmC's was, I would be just as unhappy about no DMC5 as I would be about no DmC2.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#8Muscle BusterPosted 2/6/2013 3:12:19 AM
StrangerSirKai posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...

Me too, and it's the wallet-voting part that impresses me the most. Capcom was bitten in the ass three times in the past year, with SFxT, RE6, and DmC (arguably the strongest example of the three). They need to get their f***ing priorities straight.

Anyway, I'm really glad that existing fans stood up and made a difference to Capcom's bottom line.

Word.
---
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx4CL4Y2Cx0 / http://tinyurl.com/8ccm7pv
#9TheBestGman2007Posted 2/6/2013 3:14:52 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
TheBestGman2007 posted...

Then why you be here if you don't even like either games bub?

I didn't say I hated either series, I just dislike them both for different reasons is all. That and some epic discussions.
---
So he replies: "and how do I manage?"
I dodge the blast, and apologize for collateral damage.
#10sillycatstevenPosted 2/6/2013 3:15:28 AM
the wallet voting actually didn't surprise me that much. after all, almost no-one would go out and buy almost every single game released regardless of whether they like it or not. if there the demo wasn't released and there wasn't so much confirmed information, cut scenes and gameplay released, the game might have done slightly better on release due to the successes of DMC3 and 4. however, all the revealed gameplay and scenes combined with the demo convinced many people that DmC isn't what they are looking for and expecting. so people are not even willing to give DmC the benefit of the doubt because all the revealed info left no doubt in their minds. contrary to what some people want to make the public believe, this is not fans not buying out of spite due to the changes, this is people not buying because they know that they are not going to enjoy this game as a DMC title.
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.