Let's turn the tables around. "Pros", how would you react if DMC5 was announced?

#21Topkick1975Posted 2/6/2013 6:00:14 PM
Won't mind if they move the story forward after DMC4.
Honestly, as raised in another post - I'd be thrilled if they put out DMC and Devil May Cry sequels.
#22CKnightPosted 2/6/2013 6:11:04 PM
I'd be a little upset NT isn't able to finish its story in a sequel but I'd buy DMC5 because its of my favorite series.
#23pyro_buntaPosted 2/6/2013 6:28:44 PM
CKnight posted...
I'd be a little upset NT isn't able to finish its story in a sequel but I'd buy DMC5 because its of my favorite series.

They can't because the story is pretty much nothing else. Everything's wrapped up in a bad way. The only possible threat is Vorgil and nobody else.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#24darkslayer001Posted 2/6/2013 8:42:19 PM
GamingGuru1992 posted...
As we all know, DmC is kinda circling the drain, with poor sales and one of the most divided fanbases in the industry I think it's safe to say the devil may cry ip as a whole has an uncertain future.

But for the sake of curiosity I wonder how the fans of this game would react if Capcom jumped back to the old series and continued it (abandoning this one). Would you be able to go back to the way things were? Would you be happy? Mad? Indifferent? I can't imagine as much of a negative reaction from them as the "antis" did with this game (but maybe I'm just being optimisstic).

I know it's a lot to ask for this board but try to keep things civil, I'm not trying to add to this whole conflict, I'm just curious.

honestly i dont think anyone can be attached to DmC this early....so everyone should be fine with going back to the oriignals....
#25darkslayer001Posted 2/6/2013 8:43:55 PM
StrangerSirKai posted...
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I'm just amazed at how out of control this whole issue has become, and surprised at how much wallet voting actually occurred.

Me too, and it's the wallet-voting part that impresses me the most. Capcom was bitten in the ass three times in the past year, with SFxT, RE6, and DmC (arguably the strongest example of the three). They need to get their f***ing priorities straight.

Anyway, I'm really glad that existing fans stood up and made a difference to Capcom's bottom line.

Some of the pros arguments and the marketing (NT/capcom feedback aside) made me think this game had a strong chance at beating DMC4, but i was very surprised and impressed with the wallet voting....
#26TaizukuPosted 2/6/2013 8:48:04 PM
If it's more of the Old Dante's "2Cul4Skul" attitude, no thanks.

If it's more like DMC1 or 2 with Dante's personality, I'll give it a shot.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#27darkslayer001Posted 2/6/2013 8:50:50 PM
Taizuku posted...
If it's more of the Old Dante's "2Cul4Skul" attitude, no thanks.

If it's more like DMC1 or 2 with Dante's personality, I'll give it a shot.

although i love Dante's trolling/badass attitude, i would like to see his serious sides by adding recurring characters from the previous games coughvergilcough....
#28vgman94Posted 2/6/2013 10:08:36 PM
I'd be a bit angry to be honest. Dante always seemed dorky in previous games and the style never grabbed me. This game had a level design that has never truly been done before, the music style was experimental, the dialogue felt modern and down-to-earth, and the combat was as hardcore as it needed to be without excluding casuals from the mix, which previous games failed to do. At least a casual in this game has a Hope of beating SOS which is quite challenging, while veterans can have fun on DMD. To see them revert to an outdated story and character style would be disappointing, but I wouldn't really find many disappointments in gameplay (since the previous games never really had a problem with it came to gameplay).