How hard is hell and hell mode?

#11keiththeWOLFPosted 2/6/2013 11:31:37 AM
Very easy. If you have beaten DMD you can always use Super Dante if you get stuck on anything. Really the only challenge is fighting V at the end and that wasn't too bad either.
---
PSN: Keith_Wolf
GT: Keith Wolf
#12NaichingeruPosted 2/6/2013 11:53:10 AM
laskal posted...
whatre you talking about? it says you die in one hit with hard enemies that require a lot of dmg. that sounds hard to me.

You have 3 gold orbs for each mission. That gives you 3 hits, instead of one. On DMD it usually takes about 3 hits to kill you as well. And enemies on Hell and Hell are Son Of Sparda level. Thus it actually almost makes it easier than DMD. There's like 2-3 actual battles in the game that will be hard. the rest is pretty fine if you made it so far. Although lack of lock on can screw you, by pulling you up to a wrong enemy. Happened to me a lot of times.

This.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#13Skye_VeranPosted 2/6/2013 11:58:48 AM
In my opinion, Hell and Hell was made slightly LESS gimicky by the fact that ratings are tracked and recorded. In previous DMCs ( at least in 4 ), they didn't even save your score. If you like having those SSS's, HAH becomes an entirely different monster.

It's hard, plain and simple. Technically you have 4 hits before you're done, due to having 3 gold orbs on each mission, but that's still not very many, especially when environmental hazards still take off a gold orb immediately. Virility's mixing room will be the bane of your existence, as well as the Furnace of Souls to a lesser extent.

If you just want to beat it, Super Dante will wreck everything and make it a cakewalk, as well as punch your score in the face. If you want to beat it *well*, then yes, it's hard.
#14Some_HoarPosted 2/6/2013 12:08:36 PM
Certain areas on hell or hell pretty much screw you over horribly while the rest are real easy, if you can beat DMD you should pretty much never be hit by anything at SoS difficulty (which is what hell or hell is basically) that isn't a really lame mix of witches, flying enemies and environmental hazards, along with total roadblock tier enemies with way too much health and knockback resistance (read: rages and dreamrunners) to kill safely and quickly

Or you could just be the person that finds having essentially no health bar really unnerving and plays better on DMD anyway that's me all right
---
Bald_Money posted...
How many alternate accounts does Some_Hoar have? From the look of things, it's something like 6.
#15Dark MousyPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:40 AM
So far I'm 4 missions in, and its not too horrible, however I am absolutely raping the Super Dante perk. I tried two missions without it and I just didn't find it fun. ^_^;;

But even with infinite DT you have to think, it's not like Heaven and Hell where you just go blazing with Ebony and Ivory, minding shields here and there.

I'm pretty sure after I get that trophy I won't touch HaH again, though.

Fun Random Fact: Hell and Hell is also listed as Hell or Hell in the concept art unlock requirements. I finally realized why I'm always so confused skimming through lol.
---
PSN: Alchemix19
3DS: 1590-4954-3719
#16SSJ_JinPosted 2/8/2013 8:57:47 AM
laskal posted...
whatre you talking about? it says you die in one hit with hard enemies that require a lot of dmg. that sounds hard to me.

You have 3 gold orbs for each mission. That gives you 3 hits, instead of one. On DMD it usually takes about 3 hits to kill you as well. And enemies on Hell and Hell are Son Of Sparda level. Thus it actually almost makes it easier than DMD. There's like 2-3 actual battles in the game that will be hard. the rest is pretty fine if you made it so far. Although lack of lock on can screw you, by pulling you up to a wrong enemy. Happened to me a lot of times.

I dunno why people keep saying 3 hits kill you on DMD. Maybe you guys are thinking about old DMCs, (which it's been a while so I don't remember)? But in this one you certainly can get hit more than 3 times. Happened to me many times. I beat DMD about a week or ago. It actually wasn't really any different than Son of Sparda.

I would try HaH, but I have to do Heaven first and that seems boring...everything dies in one hit? So I can just shoot and win? Never bothered with this mode on previous DMCs either. DMD is the limit usually.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/