Was this game really necessary?

#11KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 6:37:16 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Was DMC 2 necessary?

Was a sequel necessary for DMC 1?

Was DMC 4 necessary at all?

Was Nero necessary at all?

yes, they were. Because people wanted sequel. Suddenly instead of sequel they cooked reboot most didn't wanted in the first place, just because most just wanted another DMC game. It was risk that separated fan-base in 2. With others such risk didn't existed.
#12SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 6:39:11 AM
Game wasn't necessary, it's existence was purely for greed and justified by lies.

The lie that DMC was dying was created to justify DmC.

DMC4 sold better than any DMC game before it, the franchise was not dying.

Capcom thought the established fanbase was replaceable, they were wrong.
#13RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 6:41:57 AM
Are you people satisfied with this game?
#14SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 6:57:24 AM
RetsuxD posted...

Clarify please.
#15Ink-RibbonPosted 2/6/2013 6:58:35 AM
SilentS89 posted...
RetsuxD posted...

Clarify please.

He doesn't need to clarify anything.

He made a question. It's just yes or no.

That's why you had my answer the way I gave you in my topic.
#16SHMYazooPosted 2/6/2013 7:16:11 AM
I'll just leave two things here.

1) The creation of DmC doesn't destroy the old games or stops Capcom from creating a DMC5 if they want to. If you want Old DMC, you can always get your HD Collection and 4 and play the hell out of them.

2) Some people were satisfied with this game and want more of it.

Both are just things you need to deal with.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#17KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 7:20:03 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

1) The creation of DmC doesn't destroy the old games or stops Capcom from creating a DMC5 if they want to. If you want Old DMC, you can always get your HD Collection and 4 and play the hell out of them.

1) IT is reboot. Meaning it cancels old franchise. period. And basically no matter what installment be next DmC2 or DMC5 half of fanbase would be unsatisfied = sales drop = no more DMC.
2) Those who don't like doesn't care about it. If game never existed there were nothing to like.
#18SHMYazooPosted 2/6/2013 7:22:20 AM
Kyrylo posted...
SHMYazoo posted...

1) IT is reboot. Meaning it cancels old franchise. period. And basically no matter what installment be next DmC2 or DMC5 half of fanbase would be unsatisfied = sales drop = no more DMC.
2) Those who don't like doesn't care about it. If game never existed there were nothing to like.

No it doesn't cancel. Haven't you seen the Prince of Persia 2008 reboot? You know what the next game was? Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands which went back to the trilogy timeline.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#19KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 7:23:56 AM
SHMYazoo posted...

No it doesn't cancel. Haven't you seen the Prince of Persia 2008 reboot? You know what the next game was? Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands which went back to the trilogy timeline.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContinuityReboot
#20SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 7:25:07 AM
SHMYazoo posted...
1) The creation of DmC doesn't destroy the old games

Precedent doesn't support this notion. Capcom never went back to the old way when RE4 was successful.

Unless you mean the old games won't literally be physically destroyed, in which case you are being silly.

SHMYazoo posted...

Do you think Capcom cares about these people? Capcom didn't care about the 2.7 million that bought DMC4 why do you think they'd care about less than a million people?

SHMYazoo posted...

In case you haven't been paying attention, we already did "deal with it".