What do you not like most about the new Dante?

#1WilliambatsonPosted 2/6/2013 9:06:03 AM
What do you not like most about the new Dante? - Results (76 votes)
Hair
17.11% (13 votes)
Weapons
1.32% (1 votes)
Personality
61.84% (47 votes)
Protectiveness
3.95% (3 votes)
Strength
1.32% (1 votes)
Profanity
14.47% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I noticed a lot of people do not like him, yet I think he's a pretty solid character with a lot of room to grow. I'm sure he will end up even more similar to the old Dante character. :) And some have complained about him not being that strong as before, yet may I remind you he slaughtered Mundus and not to mention, he managed to throw The Hunter Demon straight through a large wall just by his sword? x] I understand he is a lot different than the other character, model wise; Yet his personality isn't all that different. While he does curse a lot more, he still is caring, uses weird and cheesy lines against Demons. :]

Also, why did this game not do as well as the others? It's a pretty great game, great graphics, brilliant voice acting, solid characters and some of the combat isn't all that different. x] Just my opinion though.
---
A warning to you both - choose to follow me or oppose me and I will kill you.
#2TaizukuPosted 2/6/2013 9:07:14 AM
Needs SHAZAM! option.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCgle29Es4
#3KuzuryuSubaruPosted 2/6/2013 9:19:29 AM
Personality and profanity. Also, I can't stand that hairstyle of his, it looks so stupid. He really needs to either comb his hair or grow it a tiny bit longer.
---
Waiting for God Eater 2, FF Type-0 English release, Gundam Extreme VS for Vita, Watch Dogs
#4SephirothDZXPosted 2/6/2013 9:20:42 AM
Mostly his personality, by factor of him being written so poorly and being such a wooden New Coke western hero personality.
#5SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 9:21:22 AM
When has anyone complained about his "Protectiveness"?
#6RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 9:21:56 AM
Disregard my opinion and him, I'm gonna vote on the hair because lel, hair.
#7DevilTears604Posted 2/6/2013 9:32:53 AM
I think his character's better now. He reminds me of a Western version of DMC3 Dante, someone just kinda drifting out at sea with no real goals in his life. He wants you to think he just doesn't care, yet over the course of the game you begin to see that he does care. By the end, even though he doesn't know what his ultimate purpose is, he sees that there are more important and greater things in this world than booze and chicks.

I must be in the minority, but I thought his character was done well.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#8KyryloPosted 2/6/2013 9:34:40 AM
I can't vote, cause I don't like anything about him.
#9Williambatson(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:34:53 AM
DevilTears604 posted...
I think his character's better now. He reminds me of a Western version of DMC3 Dante, someone just kinda drifting out at sea with no real goals in his life. He wants you to think he just doesn't care, yet over the course of the game you begin to see that he does care. By the end, even though he doesn't know what his ultimate purpose is, he sees that there are more important and greater things in this world than booze and chicks.

I must be in the minority, but I thought his character was done well.

^^ THIS! Definitely this! :]
---
A warning to you both - choose to follow me or oppose me and I will kill you.
#10Hash062Posted 2/6/2013 9:36:16 AM
Needs EVERYTHING option.