is this a reboot or an au?

#1TalesoftheLulzPosted 2/6/2013 11:27:11 AM
can someone cite/link a source?
ty
---
What is this sorcery?!?!?!
#2Dark_EpathyPosted 2/6/2013 11:32:07 AM
I guess it would technically only be a reboot if it replaced the original series.

But it's an alternate universe, not canon to the original series. I don't have a link, though. : P
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#3wwinterj25Posted 2/6/2013 11:37:45 AM(edited)
It's as good as a reboot. The only thing Devil May Cry in the game is the names of some of the characters and weapons. Also a little of the story..
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#4caffiend7Posted 2/6/2013 11:42:34 AM
It's crap
#5TalesoftheLulz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:12:27 PM
caffiend7 posted...
It's crap

let's stay focused on the topic at hand, thanks.

bump for cite!
---
#6RD_21Posted 2/6/2013 12:49:38 PM
To be honest who cares? Whether it's a reboot or an alternate universe is the same, it's not the universe you guys loved. It's not like it's a prequel, the old universe still exist even if it's rebooted.
#7TalesoftheLulz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:55:26 PM
RD_21 posted...
To be honest who cares? Whether it's a reboot or an alternate universe is the same, it's not the universe you guys loved. It's not like it's a prequel, the old universe still exist even if it's rebooted.

i personally think this game was amazing. i thought the story and gameplay were fantastic and i loved its predecessors too. i just need a cite for something i'm working on irl,
---
#8RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 12:56:15 PM
DmC: CE
DMC: UC

You know this to be true.
#9RD_21Posted 2/6/2013 12:57:12 PM(edited)
TalesoftheLulz posted...
RD_21 posted...

i personally think this game was amazing. i thought the story and gameplay were fantastic and i loved its predecessors too. i just need a cite for something i'm working on irl,

Sorry I can't help you I don't know enough about the game and/or its development.
#10Rising_shadowPosted 2/6/2013 1:04:44 PM
DmC: CE
DMC: UC

You know this to be true.

Hey come on, not even Seed destiny is as bad as this turd. Seed destiny has some decent MS designs at least.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!