While playing as Nero, do you often use Blue Rose?

#51ResidentGear31Posted 2/11/2013 8:29:49 AM
Charged shot 3 is one of the most overpowered moves in the game. You can literally run around in circles and dodge and just use CS3 on DMD mode and beat it.

And welcome to 5 years ago.
#52gokuKOGPosted 2/11/2013 9:50:02 AM
Blue Roze Lv 3 charge shot is the key to doing many hard places in DMC4 and also to rack up insane style points.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#53Melee_AcePosted 2/11/2013 11:21:58 AM
dillpickle69 posted...
Hm, but Charged Shots aside, does anyone use Blue Rose for regular shooting at all?

I do. Mostly for its utility of course, and its uses in battle are extremely limited. Here's how I use each level in case anyone's interested.

Normal Shot: I use this to hover over Echidna when she's planted into the ground, much like Dante hovers with Ebony and Ivory, to avoid her swiping attacks with her "appendages". I use it in conjunction with Get More Orbs to gather orbs quickly too.

Charge Shot 1: Great for a quick knockback/knockdown. Notable uses are against Bianco Angelos, Basilisks, and protecting Kyrie in the credits. I sometimes use it as a finisher.

Charge Shot 2: Only when I need to knock an enemy back/down and can't wait for Charge Shot 3.

Charge Shot 3: All the time. Of course I still use the Red Queen more often, but this comes out whenever I find a break in the combo, and I fall back on it a lot on Hell and Hell. Extremely useful.

Last question I swear, I don't want to make another topic. Are charged shots with Dante just as strong or is it not worth it to change the controls with him too?

They're great if you ask me. I wouldn't change the controls though. Like someone else already said, they stun very well. I use Ebony and Ivory to remove cloaks from even Fausts, and if you're close enough you can even knock an Alto Angelo out of the air to set him up for a Real Impact.
---
Not changing this signature till Final Fantasy X HD gets a release date.
#54leet_x1337Posted 2/11/2013 1:05:17 PM
Regarding everyone changing their configurations to make Charge Shot L3 easier: if you find changing the control scheme difficult, I recommend taking the opportunity to get the Human difficulty achievements at the same time as getting used to, for instance, Nero's gun on L1.
---
Now Playing: DMC4 on Hard/SoS
Last updated: 09/02/13
#55Psychochild27Posted 2/11/2013 3:45:29 PM
Melee_Ace posted...

I do. Mostly for its utility of course, and its uses in battle are extremely limited. Here's how I use each level in case anyone's interested.

Normal Shot: I use this to hover over Echidna when she's planted into the ground, much like Dante hovers with Ebony and Ivory, to avoid her swiping attacks with her "appendages". I use it in conjunction with Get More Orbs to gather orbs quickly too.

Normal shot's also good when used with shuffle or Calibur as it kills enemy momentum when they're in the air, making it easier to chain multiple Caliburs.
#56zhaoyun99Posted 2/11/2013 3:56:57 PM
Charge Shot 3, nuff said. When you go Megaman style, nothing go wrong with it. Maping it to the shoulder button and Bam you are now kicking ass. Also, it's pretty damn good for the newbie who rely on Automatic as well since it will automatically charge your shot and combine with Lock-on, you ARE SET FREE.
---
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun