C/D If they decide to make a DMC5 Normal = Easy

#1fifinamboPosted 2/6/2013 2:44:17 PM(edited)
C/D if it would be a good idea to make Normal mode = Easy mode if there was a DMC5

Okay, hear me out first.

The gaming population (casual or otherwise) find it insulting when they have to put a game on easy just to finish it. Why not just set the normal to easy in the next installment? In addition, make the automatic mode as the default for normal (which can be switched easily back and forth like DMC4). This would make it so casuals can play it like a button masher.

Here's the important part: Every other setting, aka: Hard-DMD, would be just as hard or maybe even harder for the hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers don't play DMC on normal anyway. I think this would be good for the next installment (if there ever is one).

I think this is a better way to draw in casual gamers instead of doing a crap reboot like this. What do you think?
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#2Green_PuffPosted 2/6/2013 2:39:27 PM
D. This game presented no challenge... Sept for HAH mode, but COME ON!
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3megaultrarice34Posted 2/6/2013 2:41:03 PM
There's a line when a game is easy, and when a game is piss easy.

The old DMC had this balanced well, with the exception of vanilla DMC3.

And I think you're referring to Automatic Mode not Turbo. Turbo mode makes the game speed 20% faster. It was only in DMC4PC and DMC 3:SE. Automatic mode automatically makes crazy combos (the multi-hitting attacks) and exceeds easier.
---
PSN: OceanSupermarket
#4fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:44:54 PM
megaultrarice34 posted...
There's a line when a game is easy, and when a game is piss easy.

The old DMC had this balanced well, with the exception of vanilla DMC3.

And I think you're referring to Automatic Mode not Turbo. Turbo mode makes the game speed 20% faster. It was only in DMC4PC and DMC 3:SE. Automatic mode automatically makes crazy combos (the multi-hitting attacks) and exceeds easier.

Oops, you're right.
Edited.
---
#5SasukefirePosted 2/6/2013 2:47:31 PM
Automatic also made you constantly do moves like High Time. Making your gameplay WORSE.
---
Wait, this quest involves jumping?
#6RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 2:49:30 PM
Nope, leave Automatic in.
Keep Normal as the only available difficulty, and make Easy be an unlockable difficulty like before, except instead of dying in the first 3 stages, make it getting a C rank in the first 3 stages.
#7BillysanPosted 2/6/2013 4:50:54 PM
DMC4 already balanced the difficulty out rather nicely.

If you found the "easy" setting in DMC4 hard then you're playing the wrong game.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#8dillpickle69Posted 2/6/2013 5:07:31 PM
So basically it would go very easy > easy > hard > DMD?
D. You don't need to set it on easy just to beat it no matter how casual you are, it just needs patience. Hell, the first DMC and also the first real HnS game I ever played was DMC1, which I think was the hardest one. I still beat it in one night, so if you're a casual you have no excuse. If anything, they should do what they did with DMC3:SE and peg normal and hard down, but also add a very easy and very hard more, so that way all difficulties will be available for everybody.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#9fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:44:52 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
D. You don't need to set it on easy just to beat it no matter how casual you are, it just needs patience. Hell, the first DMC and also the first real HnS game I ever played was DMC1, which I think was the hardest one. I still beat it in one night, so if you're a casual you have no excuse. If anything, they should do what they did with DMC3:SE and peg normal and hard down, but also add a very easy and very hard more, so that way all difficulties will be available for everybody.

>Casual Gamer
>Patience

Pick one.
---
#10dillpickle69Posted 2/6/2013 5:48:11 PM
fifinambo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

>Casual Gamer
>Patience

Pick one.

Hm, good point. Well, in that case they'd just have to take the insult and play on easy. In some games, Casual is even what they call their easy modes, so they shouldn't be so surprised.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg