C/D If they decide to make a DMC5 Normal = Easy

#11fifinambo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:51:57 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
fifinambo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
So basically it would go very easy > easy > hard > DMD?
D. You don't need to set it on easy just to beat it no matter how casual you are, it just needs patience. Hell, the first DMC and also the first real HnS game I ever played was DMC1, which I think was the hardest one. I still beat it in one night, so if you're a casual you have no excuse. If anything, they should do what they did with DMC3:SE and peg normal and hard down, but also add a very easy and very hard more, so that way all difficulties will be available for everybody.

>Casual Gamer
>Patience

Pick one.

Hm, good point. Well, in that case they'd just have to take the insult and play on easy. In some games, Casual is even what they call their easy modes, so they shouldn't be so surprised.

But why limit your gaming market? Just make normal --> easy. Who cares? What person who plays Devil May Cry hardcore ever plays normal outside of the very first mandatory playthrough on normal?
After that they can play it on Hard, Very Hard, DMD, HoH whatever. They should also had a DMD difficulty with one hit death.
---
Yes I think we`ve got a problem. So much for the afterglow.
#12dillpickle69Posted 2/6/2013 5:54:23 PM
fifinambo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
fifinambo posted...
dillpickle69 posted...
So basically it would go very easy > easy > hard > DMD?
D. You don't need to set it on easy just to beat it no matter how casual you are, it just needs patience. Hell, the first DMC and also the first real HnS game I ever played was DMC1, which I think was the hardest one. I still beat it in one night, so if you're a casual you have no excuse. If anything, they should do what they did with DMC3:SE and peg normal and hard down, but also add a very easy and very hard more, so that way all difficulties will be available for everybody.

>Casual Gamer
>Patience

Pick one.

Hm, good point. Well, in that case they'd just have to take the insult and play on easy. In some games, Casual is even what they call their easy modes, so they shouldn't be so surprised.

But why limit your gaming market? Just make normal --> easy. Who cares? What person who plays Devil May Cry hardcore ever plays normal outside of the very first mandatory playthrough on normal?
After that they can play it on Hard, Very Hard, DMD, HoH whatever. They should also had a DMD difficulty with one hit death.

I do. I play Hard to unlock Very Hard, Very Hard to unlock DMD, and DMD to unlock Super Dante, not to mention I'm the type of person that needs to play every mode and unlock everything in the games I like. Not counting the difficulties I play to unlock stuff, I play Normal when I want to just have a fun play through.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5062421_700b.jpg
#13SilentS89Posted 2/6/2013 5:59:16 PM
fifinambo posted...
C/D if it would be a good idea to make Normal mode = Easy mode if there was a DMC5

Okay, hear me out first.

The gaming population (casual or otherwise) find it insulting when they have to put a game on easy just to finish it. Why not just set the normal to easy in the next installment? In addition, make the automatic mode as the default for normal (which can be switched easily back and forth like DMC4). This would make it so casuals can play it like a button masher.

Here's the important part: Every other setting, aka: Hard-DMD, would be just as hard or maybe even harder for the hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers don't play DMC on normal anyway. I think this would be good for the next installment (if there ever is one).

I think this is a better way to draw in casual gamers instead of doing a crap reboot like this. What do you think?

I'd be OK with that.
#14NostalgiaRulesPosted 2/6/2013 6:04:27 PM
fifinambo posted...
C/D if it would be a good idea to make Normal mode = Easy mode if there was a DMC5

Okay, hear me out first.

The gaming population (casual or otherwise) find it insulting when they have to put a game on easy just to finish it. Why not just set the normal to easy in the next installment? In addition, make the automatic mode as the default for normal (which can be switched easily back and forth like DMC4). This would make it so casuals can play it like a button masher.

Here's the important part: Every other setting, aka: Hard-DMD, would be just as hard or maybe even harder for the hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers don't play DMC on normal anyway. I think this would be good for the next installment (if there ever is one).

I think this is a better way to draw in casual gamers instead of doing a crap reboot like this. What do you think?

This sounds like a good idea.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#15devak108Posted 2/6/2013 6:18:43 PM
Part of what makes the Devil May Cry series unique is the challenge of the games. It's rewarding beating a level or boss that you tried and failed several times at. It's part of the reason why DMC3 will always and forever be one of my favorite action games.

Dumb them down for casuals and it's not DMC. There are more than enough super easy games this gen, why do you need to make all games easy? Where should this stop too? You want to add easy mode to the Souls series (Demon's/Dark)? Dumb down combos and advanced tactics of fighting games so anyone can just randomly mash buttons and win?

D.
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#16Video_Game_CzarPosted 2/6/2013 6:24:36 PM
DMC4 already did that...DMD mode was like normal mode from DMC3.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#17Damien94Posted 2/6/2013 6:26:40 PM
I don't see why they can't keep the difficulties from DMC4... Seeing as they don't use terms like "Easy" and "Normal".

Human and Devil Hunter as base difficulties (maybe add a third called "Awakened" or something)
Son of Sparda
Dante Must Die
Heaven or Hell
Hell and Hell
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.