Ultimately, Capcom sold a game people did not want to buy.

#1TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/6/2013 4:49:18 PM
Love it or hate it, the fact of the matter is that Capcom went against what the market wanted, and as a result is suffering lower-than-expected sales. It is irrelevant how amazing you think the game is, if it was released to consumers that are not willing to purchase it for whatever reason.

Making DmC was a failed experiment, and I am torn. Part of me applauds Capcom for taking such a big risk, but the other part of me thinks they're stupid for blindly ignoring all the writing on the walls since the game's announcement. They had plenty of development time to tweak things since the haters began their crusade.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#2Green_PuffPosted 2/6/2013 4:50:04 PM
Chicken sounds good for tonight...
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:10 PM
>not getting pizza
Shiggy diggy
#4A7thStevePosted 2/6/2013 4:52:02 PM
That's weird, this is the first full-price game I've bought in 4 years.
#5TheCyborgNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:53:55 PM
A7thSteve posted...
That's weird, this is the first full-price game I've bought in 4 years.

Clearly if that mattered they wouldn't be slashing their sales projections. I bought the game day one, I'm not hating on it. It's merely an observation.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#6RunothPosted 2/6/2013 4:57:25 PM
I think an announcement saying DmC is a spin-off or AU would go a long way toward mending all of this. You don't disown new fans who like DmC, while also not dismissing the idea of continuing the old series. Both sides win.
#7_Uwye_Posted 2/6/2013 5:15:33 PM(edited)
Runoth posted...
I think an announcement saying DmC is a spin-off or AU would go a long way toward mending all of this. You don't disown new fans who like DmC, while also not dismissing the idea of continuing the old series. Both sides win.

They already said it's an Alternate Universe. They already said the old series could return (but before they had to see how the reboot went).
#8Niyel7Posted 2/6/2013 5:15:14 PM
RetsuxD posted...
>not getting pizza
Shiggy diggy

wrong website
#9RetsuxDPosted 2/6/2013 5:16:24 PM
Oh gosh, what should I do?
#10RunothPosted 2/6/2013 5:26:03 PM(edited)
_Uwye_ posted...
They already said it's an Alternate Universe.

True that. Just found the article where they say it's AU and not a reboot. Ok then, no big deal :D