Ultimately, Capcom sold a game people did not want to buy.

#11Blackmarvel79Posted 2/6/2013 4:40:52 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Runoth posted...
I think an announcement saying DmC is a spin-off or AU would go a long way toward mending all of this. You don't disown new fans who like DmC, while also not dismissing the idea of continuing the old series. Both sides win.

They already said it's an Alternate Universe. They already said the old series could return (but before they had to see how the reboot went).

i read this also.
---
Still playing The Mass Effect Trilogy for the forseeable future. I may be addicted.
#12ShengaliPosted 2/6/2013 4:51:13 PM
_Uwye_ posted...
Runoth posted...
I think an announcement saying DmC is a spin-off or AU would go a long way toward mending all of this. You don't disown new fans who like DmC, while also not dismissing the idea of continuing the old series. Both sides win.

They already said it's an Alternate Universe. They already said the old series could return (but before they had to see how the reboot went).

Yeah, it wasn't the AU part, but the possible replacement of the older series that really killed it.
#13Dinkleb3rgPosted 2/6/2013 6:23:06 PM
Ultimately Capcom sold a mediocre hack n' slash game in a market already saturated with hack n' slash type games. NT bashing their fans also didn't help either.
---
Boingloings... somebody got hit in them
#14devak108Posted 2/6/2013 6:26:33 PM
A7thSteve posted...
That's weird, this is the first full-price game I've bought in 4 years.

Lol, what a poor choice for your big splurge. I'll admit, I may pick this up sometime though. If i see it used for like $10 in a bargain bin.
---
"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement."
#15parthos566Posted 2/6/2013 8:26:54 PM
I bought it and love it can't wait for the Vergil DLC. So I wanted to buy it so your topic is invalid.
---
PSN: Mastadope42
#16GoreGrossPosted 2/6/2013 8:28:34 PM
I bought it and love it can't wait for the Vergil DLC. So I wanted to buy it so your topic is invalid.

Ultimately
Ultimately
Ultimate
Ultra
Ultra
U
---
Currently Playing: Far Cry 3, Darksiders 2, and Vanquish. Anticipating: MGR:R, Bioshock Infinite, Pokemon X and KHHD.
#17vgman94Posted 2/6/2013 9:04:20 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
Love it or hate it, the fact of the matter is that Capcom went against what the market wanted, and as a result is suffering lower-than-expected sales. It is irrelevant how amazing you think the game is, if it was released to consumers that are not willing to purchase it for whatever reason.

Making DmC was a failed experiment, and I am torn. Part of me applauds Capcom for taking such a big risk, but the other part of me thinks they're stupid for blindly ignoring all the writing on the walls since the game's announcement. They had plenty of development time to tweak things since the haters began their crusade.

They actually did tweak things since announcement. They made Dante's design less radical, he never smoked in the game and his swearing was relatively lowkey compared to other games. They kept Rebellion, E&I, DT albeit in a new form (which in itself was a way to pander to the fans when it came to the hair), and Dante's hair and personality change towards Dante's original form at the end of the game. Ultimately, it almost feels they tweaked it too much since the so-called fans didn't appreciate it anyway, and the things the "hardcore" fans wanted tweaked would've made the game less fun for most gamers, since it would've made the final boss nerve-grinding and SOS impossible to complete, let alone DMD (I mean really, you get a Witch and Tyrant in the same room as early as the level prior to Poison's fight, and you die in a couple of hits. What more do you need?).